Thursday, August 5, 2010

One Year Blogiversary and a RAK!!!!!!


I have a great project to share with you and today (no, actually it was last month but last month was a little crazy so it slipped by me!) is my ONE Year Blogiversary! I was just shocked that it had been so long already! Wow! I guess I started it just after my little baby boy was born! I can not believe how much my scrapping has improved in the last year...I think there is a big difference and I look forward to more growth as a crafter in this next year! Please see the bottom of this post for the RAK info...
Hugs, Leah

Julie's Mini Album

This post will be pretty photo heavy and I am going to let most of the photos speak for themselves.

All the paper in this mini album is from DCWV Safari Kids stack, as well as some of their matching embellishments.

Other embellishments include the IRock tool, other assorted gems, Prima flowers and twine.

I made the album out of cereal boxes. Each page cut to size and then a long piece to act as the cover. This is the first time that I have ever constructed an actual mini of my own making. It took some time to put together but I was so pleased with it!

A question I had always had when thinking about making a cereal box mini...was a single "sheet" of this enough, thick enough to hold its own? And the answer is yes! A single piece of cereal box covered both sides with cardstock is sturdy enough!!! Glad I found that out because now I am not so afraid to make more of these!

Oh I almost forgot another detail would be the inking. All the inking was done in 2 shades of Distress Inks. Broken China and Vintage Photo.















Now for that RAK...to celebrate this occasion I was thinking of what I could do and I thought I would take example from this post and make one custom mini for one of you!!! So, only if you would like to follow my blog, that would be great but otherwise, please leave a comment here on this post with an email address to contact you. I will email you with a few questions so that I can make sure that the mini will be something that you will really like! I just hope that you'll leave me some time to make one because its not something I want to rush!

Lets see, you have until August 16th to leave a comment. I am on vacation coming up next week so that will be the day I return! It will give me something to look forward to when I get home!

Thank you to the friends I have made through this blog and to those that come by and leave comments, and even for those that visit and don't always have time to comment (as that's a part of life).


22 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

Love this mini album, Leah!! Soooo cute! Hope you have a great vacation. Have fun! :)
reissfam10@aol.com

Flamenco92627 said...

Love that it is so cute! Happy blogaversary. Thanks for the chance to win, I am already a follower.

Emily said...

That is darling!!! Congrats on your one year. Thank you for a chance to win a personalized mini album.

Emily C

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Happy Blogaversary To You,
Happy Blogaversary To You,
Happy Blogaversary Dear Leah,
Happy Blogaversary To You!!!
And Many More!
Don't you just love my singing?
shesasassylady@hotmail.com

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh did this ever turn out CUTE!!!! Happy Blogaversary! Amazing how time flies! Remember I was your very FIRST follower, girlfriend! Great idea for blog candy! You know where I live. LOL Big hugs! xxD

The Cropping Canuck said...

Happy Blogaversary!

You have posted some amazing projects!

Shena said...

Leah, Happy Blogiversarry!
The album is really cute!

I have been working on Slaton's scrapbook finally. I was hoping to get it caught up and then on his birthday have it out for people to look at.

nikkicreates said...

Happy Blog a versary. what a great album, I'd love to follow your blog

nikki
nikkicreates at gmail dot com
nikkicreates at blogspot dot com

Kwilt said...

Very cooool mini albulm!! Thanks for the opportunity to win! I've been following your blog for quite some time and LOVE all your creations!
Huggs...Kathy
kwilt_81 at hotmail dot com

AmandaB said...

Awww, super cute album and a big congrats to you on your blog-iversary!!!!

Amanda:0)

Anonymous said...

Leah, Happy Happy Blogiversary to you! I love your stuff and soooo impressed you find the time to do it all. What a woman!

TammiK

Stine said...

This one is so cute Leah!! Love the papers! Happy blogiversary!! I already follow you, and it always amazes me how much crafting you get done!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Happy birthday blogger! and this is just adorable.... Love the colors, the embellishments, everything is gorgeous! Happy Tuesday!

Wendy Crowe said...

Happy Blogaversary!! The mini album is so adorable! Even the Safari Kids collection is one of my favorites! Love how you added big flowers behind the chipboard pieces. Enjoy your vacation!!

CraftyGirl said...

Wow... one year already?!! That means my one year must be coming up soon!! where does the time go?!! This mini album is sooooo amazingly cute I can't stand it!! You really do need to give me the directions for this one! I would love to make some!! But if you want to pick me and give me one, that would be great too!! LOL!! Enjoy your vacation!! We'll catch up when you get back!!

barb :)

Nanne said...

A big congrats on your blogaversary..LOL and you did a fab job on the mini.. Your first right?..I love making mini's, they are so much fun.. :D
Hugs
Nanné

Fern said...

Fabulous!!!! I absolutely love the papers and embellies!! Congratulations on your upcoming blog-aversary!!!

Melissa said...

Leah - Happy Blogaversary!! Your work is absolutely amazing and I'm sure your sister will treasure the album dearly. I don't know how you find the time to create such beautiful products. I would love to receive such a beautiful piece of art.

Take care and enjoy your vacation.
scraps_of_life

P.S. I'm pretty sure you know where to find me :)

mom2tayandbay said...

I love this little album! And I love the embellishments, I have them all as well.
I would love to learn how to make it too. Did you use a tutorial from somewhere?

GrannyCharlotte said...

Congrats on your Blogaversary. Love the mini-album. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

Sorry I'm late on this post! Your mini album is adorable! Congrats on your one year anniversary! Would love a mini album!

Shelly said...

I love your album!! You are so creative.