Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Time 2010 ~SOUS July 30~


Summer Time 2010

So this week and since we had an extra week this month we decided to do a challenge instead of a sketch...so our challenge to you is to do something Summer themed! Take that however you'd like in any kind of project you'd like! Just show us your Summer fun!

This week we were lucky enough to have a Guest Designer at Stuck on U. Thanks Jill for joining us! I am having some computer issues (namely, my kids messing with stuff!) so I am not able to leave links! So please check out SOUS, link on my side bar and you'll find Jill's page there and a link to her blog! Thanks!

Ok here's my page! Had lots and lots of fun designing this one and putting it together! These photos were from just a few days ago when my kids were enjoying themselves in thier sad little pool! LOL!


I just adore this photo! You know how hard it is the photograph little ones so this was a rare shot, I think. Love his little face! And you know this age...taking a taste of everything! LOL!



I am pretty sure most of you are used to me by now but I don't remember most of the carts I used...I used a few here. Zooballoo for a cloud, Doodlecharms for the puppy, A Childs Year for the wagon, another for the cloud and the sun and gosh, don't remember the grass, maybe Pooh? But anyways...


Hold on tight puppy, its a windy day!



At the end of putting this all together I decided to add the tone on tone buttons to the cuts. I was pretty happy with the cute addition to the page! And then the very last detail was some tone on tone doodling. Doodling is too much fun to do!



Thanks so much and I really hope some of you can carve some summer time to play with us this week! Much love!

13 comments:

AmandaB said...

Awwww Leah, your layout is adorable!!I love the pics and the puppy peeking out of the wagon..

Amanda:0)

Kelly said...

Too cute leah! Love the puppy dog in the wagon.

Debbie said...

So cute Leah! Love the picture in the sun and the clouds!

Tammara said...

Super cute layout Leah! Love the papers, the cuts--love it all! I also love doodling!

Jill said...

This is fantastic! I love the summery feel of the puppy and wagon and kite, very creative! Love it, love it! Thanks for having me over at SOUS!

CraftyGirl said...

Hey girl!!! I miss you!!!! First of all... this layout is totally adorable!! The picture of Cody is fabulous and it is great to see him doing so well!! What a little cutie!! I love the puppy in the wagon!! I have to start using my Cricut more... I have just been to busy to take the time to make the cuts!! Thanks for your little message on my blog today!! I get what you mean about moving away from family... my parents, sisters and in- laws all live within 10 minutes of me right now!! I have never not lived by family so I am a little nervous about that!! The good news is, if we get the house we want, we will be right around the corner from some really good friends of ours!! And of course, I will be stalking my blog friends like you more often!! heehee!!! So, if I start to get a litte more needy, you will know why!! But now you have a better place to come visit me! Dallas is so much fun and you can visit Sandi while you are there!! It's a 2 for 1 deal!!

Barb :)

CraftyGirl said...

Oh yeah... almost forgot... left you a blog award on my blog!! :)

Barb :)

Teri Berrios said...

So super cute Leah....the kids look like they are having a blast!!! Love the picture inside the sun :) Hugs, T

~ said...

Leah those cards, layouts, and pictures are sooooooo cute! Your such a sweetie! Thanks for coming by my blog! I have missed chatin and catchin up in the scrappy world! Things are calming a bit, just in time for the baby! :) We are excited and covet your prayers! Glad to hear you have been scrappin like crazy! So fun! Keep it up girl; your work rocks!
Jewels

DonnaMundinger said...

Missed you too chickiedoodle! Will give you a call manana. Still not caught up with sleep, etc and DH and the kitties are needing extra attention. LOL LOVE this layout! The pix are fab and the cuts are sooo cute. LOve that you used the buttons throughout the layout. SOOO bright and summery! xxD

debbiebakk said...

What a cute page love the puupy in the wagon!
I have left you an award on my blog if you would like to pick it up. Love all your layouts too.

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Leah this is so bright and cheery! I love it. The striped paper is perfect and Cody looks so cute in that fab sunshine. Love the little puppy in the trailer. Gorgeous.

hugs
Kaye x

Fern said...

Leah this is just to darn cute!!! Love the photos of the little ones, and the cut outs are fabulous.... I really like the way you added the buttons!!! Keep those little ones cool!!! Hugs!!!