Friday, July 23, 2010

Yosemite LO's with Queen and Co


Mountain Views

(oh my gosh so my kids messed with something on the computer this morning so I am not able to leave in links right now..so sorry! you can of course find Generations button on my side bar and can go to the Queen and Co section found on the left side bar on that wedsite. sorry again!)

So this Queen and Co line is called Wild Things but really all I saw was camping prints! I was so excited to have recieved this line to work with from Generations Crafting...just in time to scrap my past Yosemite trip!

I used Stripes as the background. Both sides of Leaves for my photo mats. The tree border was cut from Combo. I used some other pieces as well for my Cricut cuts. Which was from my new cart...Create a Critter! I finally got it! WOO HOO!



Titles are not my favorite part of scrapbooking and are often left off of my pages but when it hit me that the word mountain would fit perfectly between my tree line..I about freaked! And once I put it together it looked even better then I imagined!


I used distress ink to stamp on the tree line with a wood grain stamp from Hero Arts. And also in black ink across my title. That subtle detail was really worth it to me.



And a close up of my little racoon buddy...who I gratefully didn't see while in Yosemite. Never had the best experience with these guys....





Nuts 4 Nature

This is the more subtle side to the Queen and Co Wild Things line. I used Circles (the brown reverse) for the background and again Combo for my stripes.



Bazzill cardstock for my title which was ut with Cuttin Up and Mickey Font, the number 4 was stamped and colored with colored pencils. Die cuts again from Create a Critter. Those a mixture of Bo Bunny, Queen and Co and kraft cardstock.



I really wanted to journal on this page and because this was Cody's 1st birthday it was even more important to do so. Since I ran out of room with all those photos I decided to put in hidden journaling behind my extra large acorn. Can you imagine what a squirrel would think if he saw something like that? LOL!!!



And lastly my animal track "buttons." The tracks was a stripe from Combo. I tried many ways of using it on the page as the actual paper but never thought it was right. So I punched it out and layered it over a couple layers of punched cereal box. Thought that looked really neat.



Thought I would share this with you all....I finally decided I needed to do something with allllll those LO's that I have stacked! If you can imagine they were in one big ol' stack until I sorted them here...what a pile! I didn't count them but maybe I will while I work on getting them into albums.


Thanks for looking and Happy Monday all!

8 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

Great LOs Leah!! Love the nuts about... page. That paper is really awesome! Good to know I'm not the only one who piles up her finished projects. My hubby is always yelling at me to put them in albums before they get ruined. lol

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, what cute layout pages! I'm still promising myself I'm going to attempt to do a layout page one of these "good ole" days -- LOL!

The Cropping Canuck said...

I'm nuts about this layout!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, what a cute couple of layouts! I've been toying with getting CAC but can't quite figure how that would work with my style .. whadya think? Love all the details and that journaling nut is adorable! I pile mine up for an inch or two, then I put them in albums .. you know, stuck in there .. not taped down .. LOL

kim.mom said...

These are AWESOME!!! How's Cody doing? Did the doctors ever give you any idea of what happened? Can't wait to see what else you do with CAC!!!

Debbie said...

Cute layouts Leah! You remind me of myself, as I always have a problem when it come to the title. I love how you placed your in between the trees. Cute paper and critters!

DORCAS said...

What beautiful layouts! Just fabulous! TFS!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

DonnaMundinger said...

Sooo cute! the paper really did turn out great for these! Create a Critter was perfect too! Love your title and the subtle stamping and of course your distressing looks fab too! xxD