Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Celebrate Life

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON THE PHOTO ON MY SIDEBAR, LEAVE A COMMENT FOR YOUR VERY OWN MINI ALBUM (CUSTOM MADE JUST FOR YOU!)
...I AM CELEBRATING MY FIRST YEAR AS A BLOGGER!!!!


Celebrate Life

There are so many wonderful challenge blogs these days that when you do make something...it is bound to belong somewhere, in some challenge! Right?

Well I knew how much I have been dying to play along with a couple challenge blogs so I decided today was the day!

Okay so it happens that a few of my wonderful bloggy friends participate in these challenges as part of their DT so I wanted to show my support by playing along as well!

This LO is being submitted for the following 3 challenge blogs:

Sketches in Thyme~ for the sketch (or my version of it!)

Practical Scrappers~ Summer themed

Frosted Designs~ Celebrate Life...hence my title!!!! (I think they were thinking birthday or celebrations of that nature but I took it literally!)



I also got to use some of my new papers I had gotten last week when shopping at J's. The Neutral stack from DCWV. Though I don't love how it cuts in my Cricut, I DO love me some reasonabley priced paper! And also a value stack of Kraft cardstock (50 sheets on sale for $2.50!!!) Okay way off topic...

For the Summer themed challenge at PS, I came up with this big beach ball as the center point of my LO and also following the large circle piece in the sketch (sketch can be found at the Sketches in Thyme link above). I cut this from Lifes a Beach and embossed the layering and added orange faux stitching.



My grass layers, cut twice, same size but one flipped on the same Kraft cardstock as the background. I added some doodling. Quite a lot around the page with the white gel pen. Also my brand new butterfly punch from Fiskars.



My clouds are from Zooballoo and embossed with the Notebook folder from Tim Holtz, Alterations Texture Fades. First time using it and I LOVE it!!!! Also my hand made kite.


And my literal take on the challenge at Frosted Designs. I thought this was a great title for these sweet photos of my baby at the park! Was really wanting to scrap these and am so happy to have finally done so! I also brought the kite string down into the title.

For the title to stand out, I cut and layered over cereal box for some dimension. You have GOT to try this if you haven't already! I chose the orange paper for the small amount of orange in my son's outfit in the photo. All the color inspiration came from that darling little jumper!


Thanks so much for looking!!!

And if you are new to my blog....please check out Stuck on U Sketches...another wonderful spot with sketch ideas....we're now going to 2 week challenges so hopefully that will give you time to play!!!!!!! And there is an original sketch this week, by yours truely!!! =o)

20 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This layout is ADORABLE!!! love the cloudes and the little kite! But the cutest of all is your little guy, you just want to munch on those little cheeks of his. LOVE IT!

Kelly said...

Hi Leah...it's been a while since I've stopped by for a visit! I can't believe how much I have have missed. I REALLY can't believe it has been a year now, and I agree with you, you have really grown in the past year! I love this layout! I love the kite, the clouds, the beach ball but most of all the precious picture of Cody!

Angie A. said...

Hi Leah I saw you layout posted on practical scrappers so I thought I would pop over and say hello..your blog is great I too am a lover of my cricket and cuttlebug......almost forgot to say great layout...

Debbie said...

Leah this is so darn cute! Absolutely love the beach ball and how you added the embossing!! Your pictures are adorable and I love your clouds! How's your little guy doing?

Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

Maureen Reiss said...

This LO is sooooooo adorable! Love your kite and string tangled up in the words. Also love the big ball, it almost looks as if Cody's sitting on it. Great job.

Teri Berrios said...

HELLOOOOO....this is awesome!!! Love the big ball and the embossing on the blue part....love the embossing on the clouds (I need that folder LOL) and of course that Cutie in the pictures ♥ Hugs, T

CraftyGirl said...

Hi girlfriend!!! How are you?!!! It's been so long!! I really need to do a better job of stopping by to visit!! I clearly have missed so much!!
I think your take on the celebrate life theme is right on!! With everything you went through with your baby boy just a few weeks ago... I think Cody playing at the park is worth celebrating!! And look at you rocking 3 challenges at once!! You go girl!! You did a fabulous job with all of them!!

And... I am soooo excited to see your very own sketch!! I want to play along so badly... so I will try really hard to find some time! With this move, everything is just crazy!! I have to be out of my house in 17 days and we have not purchased a new home yet!! Oh well... so we are homeless for a few weeks... there are worse things... right?!!! Thanks for supporting our challenges at Sketches in Thyme and Frosted Designs!! You rock!!
barb :)

Nanne said...

Oh I love that big beach ball and the kite string wrapped around the title..How cute!! I'm glad to hear you wanted to join in on some other challenges, been thinking about doing that as well..just need a kick in the butt to get motivated..LOL
hugs
Nanné

Kim H said...

You had me at the beach ball! What cartridge did it come from! I just love it! Your son is adorable... he actually makes the whole layout!
tfs
Kim H
P.S. I am a follower now!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love the oversized beach ball .. and those cute pix of Cody. Saw your other LO at GenC .. girly you've been cranking them out! Fabulous!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Just noticed the new blog look .. did it change before my eyes?

Brenda said...

Fabulous layout!! Thanks so much for playing at Sketches in Thyme!!

Fern said...

Oh Leah, I'm so glad that you got to play with us this week at Sketches In Thyme!!! This layout is adorable and Cody is just precious!!! Love that beach ball... The whole think is just toooooo cute!! Hugs!!!

Kim said...

Wowza Leah, where do I begin with this one??? First, you hit most of my dt's with your challenges here, thanks for palying in all of them! :)
I totally adore your photos, the beach ball is super!!!! And the kite with the embossed clouds....fab! So glad you could join us this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kristy said...

This is adorable! I also entered this challenge and just found out that we got top 3!!! WOW! Glad I found your blog! It looks like we have some amazing things in common! :)
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

gladyschia2010 said...

Beautiful! love the clouds and kites!

AmandaB said...

Oh Leah, I just adore this LO... The texture, the doodling and a the adorable pick.. Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers..

Amanda:0)

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Leah this is adorable, love all the elements to the layout. The embossing is just perfect on the ball and clouds and the pictures are so cute. What a life to celebrate!

hugs
Kaye x

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo! Way to go on the challenges! LOVE this! Besides the precious pix of our boy, the design and embossing are just FABULOUS! xxD

Tammara said...

Had to stop by and say how much I love all three layouts-cute cute cute!