Friday, August 20, 2010

Cousins ~SOUS August 20~


Cousins


Can I tell you all how much I have enjoyed crafting lately! I feel a renewed sense of myself and a fresh desire to create! Maybe it has to do with my son being so close to sleeping through the night. At 14 months Cody gets up around 5- 5:30 am and that usually means that I am still up. Now I got to work on him sleeping that last hour. The point is, sleep can do wonders for a person! LOL! Now if I could only shed 10 more pounds, I'd be a whole new woman (I have recently lost 13 but seem to have leveled off and not lost anymore)...and OMG...what does any of this have to do with my page today? Nada! hehe...onto the project then!


I really think the sketch this week at Stuck on U Sketches is super cool and has a ton of potential for many interesting ideas! As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to layer a sun and beach ball. I designed it using Design Studio but still felt unsure, I had to cut it and put it together to really see if it would work.




In June my cousin visited from Maryland, oh my gosh...I think its Maryland, LOL! And her boys got to visit my kids for the very first time! Unfortuntly I had an unagreeable Scotti who refused to be in this photo. There are my 2, Jordyn and baby Cody. My niece Maddie and then Ryan and Quinn.


Ryan and Jordyn got along so well. They played all day together! It was the first time I think that I have ever seen my daughter play so much with someone other then her brothers. And it was the first time that she seemed so taken with someone! She adored him and makes me wish so badly that we could all live closer together. Then Scotti and Quinn paired up and they all had a wonderful visit!




Here is a good photo of the layering. I welded a large unequal square frame from Mickey Font to the sun from Going Places. I cut another square in the blue because I thought it was too much yellow. I cut down the blue to leave a small stripe of yellow on the outside of the blue. Once I layered the beach ball again'st the sun I wanted something else so cut a pink circle. That gave me another color to play with as well.


I also pulled out my Cuttlebug for this. Using Traffic Jam for the blue in the beach ball. Swiss Dots for the flip flops and beach ball circle and the Braches folder for the darker green leaves. Leaves, font, flip flops, beach ball and gecko were all cut from Lifes a Beach.

I also inked all of the cuts with Distress Inks. Blue, green, yellow and burgandy. Flowers are Prima and I added Skittle centers. Do you remember the silly Skittle craze on the Cricut mb years back? We were a silly lot running to the store and having to get what the other had...oh wait, we're still kinda like that! LOL!




Please take a chance to see what Sandi and Nanne had done this week as well. I have to say that this is one of my favorite weeks as a DT!

And if that's not cool enough we had the pleasure of having Fern Riley as Guesst Designer this week. I am pretty sure any of you that know me, are going to know her. But if not, please check out her blog! She is AMAZING, one of the best of the best!


Also have you been by Stuck on U Sketches?

Have you seen the news?

We are looking to grow our DT and you have until September 3rd to submit your work for a chance to join us and also we are hosting our first swap. A Fall mini album swap, and yes, I'm part of it and so in Nanne and a bunch of other AMAZING ladies have joined up! So come on by for a visit, will you?


School starts monday here! Another Summer gone (well almost!)

19 comments:

Bug Junkie said...

How Fabulous!! LOOOOOVE the beach ball in the sun. What a super idea!!

Melissa said...

Leah, this LO is fantastic!!! I love the giant beach ball with the sun rays (that's what I take from it! lol) coming out from behind it! Sooooooo super cute!

Margie said...

Super cool, Leah! Love all the embossing and what a fun way to do the title! Dig the bright colors too!

GenCraft said...

Love your layout, Leah! Such fun paper and I love all your die-cuts! Those flip-flops are too cute!
Happy weekend, my friend!

Flamenco92627 said...

What a cute layout!! I agree with the sleep thing...I am pretty useless when I don't get mine. It is amazing how much better my outlook is when I've had a good night's sleep, and how noticeable it is when I don't.

Good luck on that last hour, Leah!

Star Rork said...

that is just 2 cute!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This is absolutely fantastic! What a great idea of the ball/sun together. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the flip flops too. Happy and blessed weekend!

Maureen Reiss said...

Love this LO!!! That pic is sooooo cute! Love all the different embossing on the ball.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, Leah, haven't talked to you in for-ever! LOL I am so loving this week's layout .. clever way to get those circles on there! What I really like and I know this is crazy is the hot pink flip flops! They really pop and help bring out the pink in your pp. Super job .. sorry Scotti wouldn't get in there .. you will have to journal that!

Debbie said...

Love this one Leah! The colors are so bright and I adore that big beach ball with the sun behind it and those darling flip flops!!!! I'm going to give the sketch a try.

Bug Junkie said...

Leah...Thank You for coming by and leaving a comment on my blog. : ) Now I can't find your email addy, LOL! Mine is bugjunkie@live.com. Would love to chat.

Lisa

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a fun layout... I wish we could all get together again.

Kelly said...

Super cute! Love the bright colors and the embossing is just totally awesome. Cute flip flops too!

Joy said...

Leah...this LO is super!!! Love the beachball...the suns rays with the lettering..you are so clever!!
xoxo Joy

Fern said...

Look at you gf being so creative with your circles!! Luv, Luv, the embossing on the beachball and the flip flops!! I really like the leaves framing the cute photo!!! Leah, it's another fabulous layout!!!!
I also wanted you know that I am so excited to get to play along with you all this week!! You girls are totally amazing!! Thank you for the sweet comments and shout outs!! Hugs!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, it's beautiful!

Jill said...

Ok you and I are in the same boat, my youngest wakes up between 5 and 5:30 most days and of course those last 10 lbs(I still say it's baby weight). Anyways, love this Layout! I love what you did with the sun and the beachball! Hoping to play along again soon!

DonnaMundinger said...

Well, it's about time, eh? (Cody sleeping through and ME making to your blog!) So sorry Sweetie, I've been sort of off my feed. LOVE, love LOVE this layout! The beach ball sun concoction is the absolute coolest and I adore the embossing. Adorable page, girlfriend. Miss you! xxD

annette said...

Awesome LO Leah... love the flip flops ..
we call them thongs in OZ ... :)