Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Finished Blogiversary RAK for Beatriz!


Beatriz's Mini


I celebrated my first year of blogging recently (or like in July, but who's counting...) and I offered to make a mini album for someone! And that someone picked from a mix of wonderful commenters was none other then my blogging friend, Beatriz from Amazing Grace blogspot! I was pretty excited to make this for her and then again, just a little bit nervous because I think she is such a talented paper crafter! I like what I make, I do but sometimes I wonder what other people think! Anyone else like that?

So anyways...here is the mini I made for her...I always take too many photos, like always but I don't want ya to miss a thang! LOL!

Beatriz, I hope that you like this! And I wanted to tell you that the entire album was inspired by the wonderful relationship you have with your husband! With all the ideas out there, I wasn't sure what to do. Then I saw this album I had and thought about what home meant to me, and that was family, my kids and my husband. And I immediatly thought about your cutie pie husband who always seems to be your sidekick (oh, I am sure he'd love me saying that! LOL!) So I was hoping that this little album could be about the two of you!



The house chipboard album I believe came from Michaels. I rarely get to shop there but wish I would more often just to stock up on those great mini albums! The bird is a wood piece that came in a set, I also have some wooden hearts. I used Picket Fence Distress Crackle paints. It was really flaky on this but I guess it adds to the charm!



Tag page. Memory piece is a Maya Road stamp.



Pretty purple shimmer paper from DCWV.



Open to reveal 2 more spots for photos.



A simply decorated page with some matching distress pieces and a hand made fence.



I used a Hero Arts Cling stamp with Versamark and Perfect Pearls.



More tags, a large Prima flower. Stamped image is also Maya Road.




Pull out section for photos or journaling.




Made this chipboard piece act as the strap to keep these tags and goodies in!



And the back page, another large Prima and some chipboard!!!!!







9 comments:

Margie said...

That's gorgeous, Leah! Love the colors! Who wouldn't be thrilled to receive this?!

Debbie said...

Your mini album is beautiful Leah! Lucky Beatriz!!! Hmmm makes me wonder what I'll be receiving next month!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Leah, thank you sooooo much!!!! I love it and can't wait to start filling it up. Your pictures are MUCH better than mine and they still do not give justice to the beauty of your papers, embellishments and amazing work.
Thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is such a beautiful mini album and I know Beatriz will love it to pieces. You are both such talented ladies and your designs are ALWAYS wonderful!

Audrey Frelx said...

Your mini is wonderful and she'll love it! Yes, I know what you mean; I always wonderful about how my friends feel about my projects too!

CelticWoman said...

Leah, great album and those colors are yummy, what a treasure. Hugs

Bug Junkie said...

It is Fabulous and she is going to love it! I Love it!!

Tammara said...

Your mini album is so beautiful Leah! The colors are pretty and cheerful and the detail you put into it is amazing!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh hon, this is really a treasure! Lucky Beatriz! I'm sure she'll adore it! xxD