Friday, August 6, 2010

Our Family ~SOUS August 6~


Our Family

Don't forget to leave a comment for you chance to win a custom mini album, click on the pic on my sidebar!

Ok everyone, ready for lots of news?

First off today at Stuck on U Sketches we have an original sketch by.....ME! So far I have had a terrible time doing sketches. I can do pretty basic things with my office program and after hours and hours of trying still can not figure out how to add graphics that actually work! Now personally, I don't need those because all I want is the bones of a sketch. I mean, most of us are not going to follow a sketch that closely anyways. But today's reveal at SOUS is something I put together. Simple but with some neat ideas.

I am a little bummed that my girlfriend Nanne is on vacation this week so she wasn't able to take a stab at my sketch but both Sandi Clarkson and I have something to show you and I'd be beyond thrilled to see what anyone else comes up with!




And here is my own interpurtation of my own sketch...not totally dead on but I knew I had to take the paper stripes on the side and turn them into trees. I usually find some inspiration from the photo I want to use and that's exactly what happened! That and I had just purchased DCWV Green Stack! Perfect for some outdoor pix! (now for some reason I am not too thrilled with how this photographed, it looks so much better in person...hum?)



Both the cork letters and metal "family" were clearance finds at my J's.


After a ton of drama of how to go about my trees I decided to everything free hand. It wasn't easy but ended up pleased with the abstract result. I fussy cut some characters from the paper stack and popped them, they look really cute in those trees IRL. Now glued the twine around my shapes wasn't so easy and especially because I had my little crafty helper wanting to do everything with me (thanks Jords!)



Just thought this was funny....



And my little journaling spot. Now that I am sitting here writing I realized that I did indeed mean to put a small photo here but must of forgotten at some point. I added another fussy cut piece and a tiny paper punched flower and twine.



Now for the other news....Nanne, Sandi and I have decided to go to every other week for our challenges! We are excited about the change and nervous too! I hope this will give everyone more of a chance to play with more time to do in it. And give everyone time to do a little more of everything else!!!! So much to do, so little time!!!!

Now that's not the end of our news but the rest will have to wait for another time! What a tease I am! LOL!

Don't forget to click on my August 5th post to see about my First Year Blogiversary RAK! Hugz!

11 comments:

GenCraft said...

Great sketch, Leah! I can't wait to give it a try! It will be much easier now that I have two weeks to get it done. Love your layout, too! Happy Weekend!

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo! Congrats on your innaugural (sp?)sketch! Great job and on the layout too. xxD

The Cropping Canuck said...

Great sketch and great layout!

Stine said...

Love the sketch Leah! Will definitly use it, if not now, then later! Love the LO too. You are such a pretty family. Great picture!!

I am a terrible blogger these days. I need the evenings to get dark again, so that I can lock myself in the basement with my stuff again LOL. I also seriously need to clean up my craft room...think that is what is preventing me!

Maureen Reiss said...

Great sketch and LO, Leah!! I love the idea of every 2 weeks, I have every intention of doing every challenge. But somehow Thursday comes up so fast. I have the last 2 weeks in my Gypsy, that never even got cut. Thanks :)

~ said...

beautiful layout and sketch!!! So sweet! I loved them both! Okay so I have to admit I kept scrolling thinking you might tell us you were having another baby :)

Fern said...

WOW Leah... Look at you.. Little Miss "I can do anything"!!! This is absolutely fabulous!! You are just full of hidden talent!!! Love your sketch and your layout! The photo is fantastic and I love your trees... The twine is such a great touch!!! Hope to get to play this time!! Have a wonderful weekend sweetie!!! Hugs!!

Debbie said...

Congrats on the sketch Leash! You did a great job!! I've always wanted to give it a try, but don't know where to start. Your layout is adorable! Great family picture!!

Flamenco92627 said...

That is a nice layout sketch. I love how yours turned out!

Margie said...

Hi Leah! I know I won't be receiving any blogger of the year awards.... I am a terrible blogger these days! I absolutely love this layout. You always have such creative little things going on. LOVE how you did the trees with the cute little pop-dotted characters! GREAT LAYOUT, GIRL!

Ness said...

Leah, I loved that sketch although I didn't get it done in time to upload, but you can see it on my blog http://crafty-ness.blogspot.com/ You did a fantastic job with that sketch. Love your take on the sketch too, so many different ways, it's excellent! Love Ness xx