Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pretty Please...~Generations Crafting~


Don't forget to comment on the post for your very own mini album! Post link right on my sidebar...I am on vacation but will come home and pick someone, you have until monday!!!! Thanks and good luck my friends!!!!

Pretty Please with a Cherry on Top!

Well this is a DT project for Generations Crafting. Basic Grey came out with 2 similar lines, Oliver and Olivia. Luckily I am using the Oliver line which is great for me since I have 2 boys!
I thought the title was just perfect for this photo of Scotti. We were sitting out front and I stood above him with the camera and this is the pose he gave me! too cute!



When I came across this cut in Just Because Cards, I knew it could not be any better for this photo! Of course this took awhile to decide what to do when it came to the papers! And I also knew that this sundae would be cute too! Anyways can I tell you how hard cutting this was! I designed it in DS but had to change things. I don't know what is up with my Cricut but it tore up so many sheets of paper trying to get this cut! So the darker blue paper didn't end up being Basic Grey because I ruined all that paper to match! Well it ended up great...thank goodness!



Wow, can I tell you that I am so thrilled with this sundae that I am thinking of remaking some again, just to have more! LOL! I just think the paper makes it really neat and different!




Buttons are Basic Grey as well and can be found here!


Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you.....

Happy Birthday to my sweetest boy!

6 years ago today at 7 am I got a call that our birth mother was in labor! Only 12 hours after finding out that we had been chosen by her and a week and a half early! And only 4 months into the adoption process. We called everyone and jumped in the car. A short time later and only 15 hours later...I was a Mom for the first time (insert tears at this point!) I was holding my little boy! My dream of my lifetime! My youngest sister was adopted and from her birth I knew that is how I wanted to be a Mom. So my husband and I adopted our firstborn even though we were both capable of having children bioligically. This was my lifes calling! And now 6 years later...he's still my joy, my best buddy and my first born! I feel lucky beyond my wildest dreams to have the family that I have!
Mommy loves you Scotti (and Jordyn and Cody!)

Just wanted to give him a little shout out! Thanks!

7 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!! Six already! How the time flies! This is just the cutest picture of him and your title is perfect! LOVE how this turned out despite your cutting troubles. Have a great time away! Happy Birthday Scotti! xxD

Maureen Reiss said...

Love this LO!! The colors are all beautiful! And that pic is just too cute!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great layout and a big ole Happy Birthday to Scotti!

CraftyGirl said...

Girl.. after that sweet write up, you have me crying!! I really do applaude you for being the amazing mother you are to dear little Scotti!! (and cody and Jordyn!!) My older brother was adopted and has had such a huge impact on my family that I can't imagine what life would have been like had my parents not adopted him!! It is so obvious that you are a fantastic mother!!
Now for the LO... tooooo stinkin' cute!! Oh my word that face is priceless!! I love all the added details with the white pen too!! Happy Birthday Scotti!!
Barb :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Well, of course a very happy birthday to little Scot!!! I hope he had a fabulous birthday!!!And that's a really great layout!!!

pink cotton said...

Happy Birthday Scotti!!! Sending you lotsa hugs ;). Leah, everytime I hear your story on Scotti...well, it just brings a tear to my eye. Such a precious suprise.

Fern said...

Leah, this is so cute!!! I love the title and the photo is darling!! Your story is so touching ~ you are one amazing lady!!! Your children are very lucky to have a mother like you!! I'm sure Scotti had a wonderful B-day!! Hugs!!!