Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cambridge LO's ~Generations Crafting~


Spread your Wings

I had the best time ever putting together both of these LO's! I was lucky enough to use the Bo Bunny Cambridge line from Generations Crafting to make both of my projects.

Now I don't normally buy matching embellishments with the paper lines I get but this time I had Cut Outs as well as Combo Stickers. I had the best time fussy cutting pieces and parts out and using up those stickers! Here I chose Chess as my main background.


Here is an example of me doing both! The title was a large sticker that I placed over some of the printed paper. I used the scallop border, circle sticker from the Combo Stickers. And fussy cut that other piece (that I'm not even going to try and spell right now...LOL!) from Cut Outs.



Sometimes I feel so torn about double sided paper! But I solved that problem but folding this corner to show off the cool green, text paper on the other side. I added more from Cut Outs, more stickers. And some brads from Kaisercraft.


Last bit I wanted to show you was more detail from just below the other shot...I layered some rub ons from Basic Grey all over this page and fussy cut more from other prints. Can you see here on the stickers that I scratched them up using a pair of scissors? I loved how funky that turned out, perfect with this line!!!




To Cool 4 School

My main background paper was Dot and I fussy cut the large image from Cambridge to use in the top left corner. I fussy cut out the "pocket" and popped that, fussy cut the crown from Cut Outs and popped that as well.

Have you ever tried playing with the color settings for your photos to make your paper? I tried that here by printing in sepia, the color match was incredible with the mustards from this paper line! I really enjoyed trying this technique...



Here is more detail of that....
More border stickers, lace and other little details (such as X staples to keep everything in place).


My title built from Combo Sticker letters, tag from Cut Outs and felt border from Queen and Co. I accented that by adding some Shabby Shutters Distress Stickles to the felt. Very cool IRL!



Last little pic is just the fussy cut crown and Liquid Pearls I added....



Hope this shows you how far picking up a couple embellishments or coordinating paper/sticker packs can go with your projects, making them fun AND easy!

Remember you can find my projects as well as the other Design Team members on the Generations Crafting blog...and guess what! They do the BEST giveaways over there! And I do mean the BEST...check them out HERE!

13 comments:

The Cropping Canuck said...

Beautiful details!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

WOWSERS these pages are awesome. I love how you used a sticker by placing it on paper and then cutting around it. (I have so many old ones it makes me wonder if I can use any of them). I love this paper and look at this handsome young man... growing a little too fast I am sure. LOVE THIS! TFS

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

These pages are fabulous! Love all the details and very vintage look. Your children is sooo precious! adorable bunch.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great job, Leah! And I'm so loving Scott's pix! Quite the little dude there! The papers and photos are perfect together. These are some of your best pages ever! Sometimes change is good for us!

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, your pages are beautiful!

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cool pages!!! Love this paper, and all the distressing you did to it!!

Stine said...

These are just amazing Leah! The perfect boy pages. And Scotti looks so big on the last layoput - too cool!!

I absoulutely love your layering!

Tammara said...

Oh, these are fantastic Leah! Love all the fussy cutting you did and layering-very well worth the time and effort!

Ness said...

Wow Leah, these layouts are amazing, I love them both and the photos are too cute. Gotta love Bo Bunny. Love Ness xx

Debbie said...

Great layout Leah! Love all the cutting and details! The paper line goes so well with the pics of Scotti!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Leah I love both layouts, I have just got these papers so am taking time to look at all the great detailing on yours to get some inspiration.

hugs
Kaye x

Fern said...

Leah, both of these layouts are gorgeous!!! I love the distessed look and the photos are wonderful!!! You did a fabulous job gf!!!!! Hugs!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! did I honestly not comment on these masterpieces? Possibly since I saw their awesomeness in person but still, shame on me! Fabulous, Sweetie! xxD