Friday, September 3, 2010

Lucky in Love and new DT announcement ~SOUS September 3rd~


Lucky in Love

Well today is a B I G day for Stuck on U Sketches! For those of you that do not know, we have had an open call to those interested in becoming a part of our semi perminent Design Team! Personally I want to thank EVERY single person who put themselves out there...I was more then blown away with the talented people who wanted to join us! I viewed the blogs of every single one of you and thank you all sooooooo much for taking the time to put your name in! And with that said, we had the hardest time ever choosing our team (did you notice it was a bit bigger then we said? LOL!) and seriously had like a million emails between us trying to make these decisions! LOL!!!!!

So again, thank you so much to EVERYONE applicant! PLEASE try again next time!!! You are all greatly appreciated!

And to our 6 (not 4 like we thought we could do) Congrats and Thanks for "applying"! Welcome to the DT for SOUS!!!!!!

Help me Welcome~

Lisa
Stine
Bea
Debbie
Annette
and Fern

Please visit Stuck on U for links to each of these wonderful ladies blogs!!!!

Now for the challenge!!!! Remember you have 2 wonderful weeks to join us and 2 long weeks to wait for the debut for our new DT!!!!

This week Nanne, Sandi and I were challenged (not a real challenge because their products are amazing and beyond cool!) to use Distressed Couture from Glitz! Thank you Glitz for the awesome papers and the sponsorship! Much love! And BLOG CANDY! You'll recieve this set of papers along with a couple more lines!!! Yeah baby!!!

I was thrilled to be able to use this photo (I have no idea why but I am much better looking in black and white, maybe because the gray helps me look like a have some color, no seriously, I am terribley white! LOL!) we are at the horse races at our local fair, The Alameda County Fair in Pleasanton.


I do believe all the cuts were made with Indie Art. The designs are pretty common in punk rock design...just so happens that the winged piece is on my husband t-shirt that day! The dice and banner happen to be parts of some of my husbands tattoos as well =)

The word love is a letter stamp set I have. Hampton Arts. Never used it before but LOVE it and will for sure be using it again!




I used a good number of Distress Stickles on this LO! I think I am a hugeeeee Stickles fan, I don't own every color but I think I'm close! LOL!!!!! I used Picket Fence on the diamond, Black Soot on the Lucky, Brick Red for the rose and Rock Candy over the stamped word, Love.



The dice and some of the dots on the paper were given little kisses with Glossy Accents. I actually filled the dice holes with Black Soot Distress Ink and then covered with Glossy Accents (same technique for the diamond but different colors).



Check back in with me this weekend because I am planning a fun blog post for my birthday!!!! (don't get too excited, no candy...LOL!)





16 comments:

Ness said...

Stunning layout Leah and a gorgeous photo. Congratulations to all the ladies who made the DT, such amazing ladies to inspire us, looking forward to seeing their beautiful layouts. Ness xx

Stine said...

Love it Leah! Your layering is as alway so great, which makes me think your layouts are even more stuning in real life!

Thank you so much for choosing me! Will not let you down :)

Hugs from Norway

Maureen Reiss said...

Awesome LO!!! Love your rose and dice. This pic is wonderful. I love it!!!

Kelly said...

What an awesome layout and the picture is gorgeous! You always put so much thought and detail into everything your do! Congratulations to those who made the DT!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Wonderful couples page, Leah. Love the IA rose .. always a winner in my book! Fab pic of you and the hubs. Happy early birthday! Hope you have a great day and that you get everything you so deserve!

Fern said...

Leah, this is beautiful!!! Luv the way you did the title, gorgeous papers, and the diecuts are perfect!!! You two make such a cute couple!!!
(So happy to be a part of the team!!!)
Hugs!!!

Margie said...

Leah, you're so funny! I think you look just as beautiful in color! Seriously LOVE this layout! Those papers are gorgeous! Love all the cuts from IA!

GenCraft said...

Love it! Gorgeous papers! Love those dice... Congrats to the new design team! Have a happy birthday weekend, girlie!

xoxo

Debbie said...

Such a sweet picture of you and your hubby! You look like young teenagers in love!!! Love all your details on this one Leah! So happy to be joining you, Sandi and Nanne! Thanks!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leah, you are beautiful in black and white and in color... AND it's a beautiful layout as always... congrats to all the ones that were chosen for the team.
hugs

Savahanna said...

How beautiful! I love how the red just pops.

Audrey Frelx said...

Beautiful!!!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Leah the photo is just fab, you two look so happy together. You really did an awesome job on the layout, I just love Indie Art, great cart and I really love the papers you used.

Happy birthday for the weekend.

hugs
Kaye x

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah this is such a beautiful layout of your and your handsome hubby. Love all the details and the beautiful flowers.
Congratulations to all the ladies on the design team. TFS

Tammara said...

Beautiful layout Leah! I love the splash of red with the black and white!

DonnaMundinger said...

I adore this layout, chickie! And it's even better (could that possibly be?) in person! Great use of the Indy cuts and the two of you are so so sweet! xxxD