Sunday, September 26, 2010

Maddie Halloween Banner ~Generations Crafting~


Maddie Halloween Banner

Wow what a pleasure this was to do! This may be the most fun I have ever had in putting together a project (that wasn't scrappy or card related)!

My sweet and growing up too quickly niece is turning 10 just before Halloween and I made this for her!!!! And I guess they were excited about it and already have the house decorated for Halloween (of course I wasn't going to wait to give it to her! LOL!)

This was a DT project for Generations Crafting (it will be posted on their blog on thursday)! Have you seen this line? Amazing! Check it out here! Bo Bunny Whoo-ligans is my FAV line for this Halloween! Plus really, each side has some amazing prints..really cool and different, could SO be used for things other then Halloween. Love Halloween colors but don't celebrate the holiday? This is STILL perfect!

I am going to do something a bit different in my post...I am going to let you look at the pictures and post my products at the end. May be easier this time! LOL!










Here's what I did!

~purple, orange and polka dot papers~ Batty, Boo and Dot
~halloween characters cut from Monsters
~all stickers from Sticker Combo (Bo Bunny offers the MOST when it comes to matching stickers, great start for wanting matching embellishments for your paper line).
~embossing/wet~UTEE on black chipboard letters (Cosmo Cricket), irredescent embossing powder on spider web
~embossing/dry~ Cuttlebug~ die, bats, spider and skull. folders, seeing spots and boo to you
~Black Soot distress ink
~Spiced Maralade, Rock Candy and Black Soot distress stickles
~Glossy Accents and Crackle Accents
~Spider web, Fence, Butterflies and Branches Martha Stuart punches
~assorted gems and lots of googly eyes! LOL!

I think this might just be the most amount of different product/techniques I have ever used on a single project!


15 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

This is super cute!! And not just because that's my DDs name. lol

Audrey Frelx said...

I love your banner!!!

Teri Berrios said...

Adorable!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Leah, this is adorable. Now I can see why you were so excited about it! Love when things are so fun to do and when they give your family the warm fuzzies too! I can see where the pp would be even for non-Halloween projects! WTG!

Debbie said...

So cute Leah! Makes we want to make one. I'm sure your niece will love it!

CraftyGirl said...

wow!! look at you girl!! you are becoming the project queen!! This banner is absolutley adorable... love the little monsters on it!! And I agree... that paper is amazing!! If I weren't on a scrapping spending freeze (hubby thinks I have spent too much on furniture and house decorations the last month!! lol!!) I would totally buy me some of that!! Great project!!
Barb :)

Ohhh Snap said...

Great Banner!

BTW I left a One Beautiful Blog Award for you on my blog. Thank you for the inspiration :D.

Kristy said...

Adorable!!!

Ness said...

Wow Leah, this banner is fantastic!! I bet Maddy loved the banner. Love Ness xx

Stine said...

love this! I so would like to learn layering from you - too bad it is kind of far for a field trip LOL! Love the little monsters, and the papers (esp. the dotted one) are gorgeous.

The6ofusinca said...

Too cute Leah! I have a HUGE obsession with googly eyes!!! Seriously, how could ya not love em!?!?
xoxox
Jen
Hope all is well with you, miss you sista!

Nanne said...

Oh wow!! I'm so late posting a comment, but I hope I'm forgiven..LOL
I so love this project and Finally, behold its all here in one post for me to be able to see the whole thing all finished..
I can see why you had so much fun making it!! I would of too and its just so much fun to look at.. I Know she must of LooooOoooOOooved it...
hugs
Nanné

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Awesome banner Leah and so many different, fun and fab techniques. Can definately see why you enjoyed putting this one together.

hugs
Kaye x

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW Leah! This is about the coolest thing EVER! Love the papers and all of the techniques you used are amazing! So happy we finally had a chance to celebrate your b-day today. About time we had a girl's day out. Smoochies! D

Jamie Lane said...

This is darling! Love the little monsters! :)