Sunday, September 5, 2010

Year of Blogging Birthday Top 10!



Birthday Top 10

Hi Everyone! I thought I would do something fun today! Today is my 32nd birthday and I am posting my top 10 projects from my year of blogging! I actually had a great journey looking at everything but I have to say...I feel like I make a lot more then was on there! LOL! What I should of done is posting my first couple projects and then showed you some of the recent ones...I think I am really improved a lot this year! Which is an exciting thought!

So without further ado...I give you my top 10!



Aug 09

I liked this so much because I think it was one of the most creative ideas I have had! I took the actual pants that the kids were in and used the pocket! This was also one of my first projects using Distress Inks...oh what a year of inking! LOL!




Sept 09
This was another first for me. The first time I really paper pieced and built my own creation...the birdhouse. I so enjoyed it...maybe I need to do it again! The title was also the first time playing around with UTEE (kind of making my own epoxy letters).



Oct 09

This is a simple one but what I like so much was the photo itself and how I played with the background by trimming and matting the pieces. This photo of Justin was also from our early years together...maybe one of the only ones I have of just him....



Oct 09

OMG! I am sorry but I do have to say that I think these monsters are one of the BEST creations I have made! And as a matter of fact, I was thinking of making them again and offering a cut file or something for them! They were beyond easy and there wasn't much in DS (the head shapes, nose and that's about it!) But man, oh man do I love those guys!!!



Nov 09
This for sure is something simple but I think it's a really nice, clean and elegant card...sometimes I do something that I would not mind making a repeat of, and this is one of them!




Dec 09

I do like this LO but in terms of LO's maybe it isn't my favorite but I did choose it because of the "journaling." Well not exactly journaling! I told my own little fairytale like story about my daughter, telling all about her, what she likes to do and her personality. I think it was a really neat way of sharing about a child without making it just your average journaling...




Feb 10

This one is special because Pixar Cars was a huge part of my son's life, and therefore mine! LOL! I had a great time choosing these cuts, designing this and putting the page together. And distressing is always a blast as well!



April 10
Another Glitz challenge for us ladies at Stuck on U. What I like about this is the background and using everything to kind of mess and entwine together....

DSC04803.JPG.jpg




July 10


The next 2 of pretty recent. But I chose this because its so darn happy and how much I love the tone on tone buttons accents...and my first (terrible) job at stitching! LOL!





Aug 10


And another very recent one...but a top 5 fav of mine! Not sure what it is about this...maybe just the simple colors and how much what elements I did add, really pop on the page. And of course, any baby page will be something I will forever treasure!


DSC05041.JPG.jpg


Thanks for letting me share....hope you all are enjoying the long weekend (and hopefully its a "long" one for most of you!) Take care!

20 comments:

Leah said...

Oh my gosh...I had a ton of problems posting this which I guess is why all the fonts are different on here and why I couldn't remove photos that wouldn't post. So sorry for the bad looking post...

GenCraft said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Wow, what a year! Love all of these layouts. Not a bad looking post at all! I'll give you a call later today! xoxo

The Cropping Canuck said...

These layouts are all wonderful! Well, you had lots of great work to chose from!

Here's to another year of blogging for you... and to mastering posting... (lol)

Stine said...

Happy birthday Leah!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

You are seriously producive. I have no idea how you manage to get so much done. I absolutely love the pants LO BTW!!

Hugs from Norway

Maureen Reiss said...

Happy Birthday Leah!!! Have a great day! Love all your pages. Hugs!! :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Happiest of bithdays, honey bunch! So sorry our little get together didn't work out today but I'm sure your man will make the day special. Anyway, I'm all for prolonging the birthday experience soo we'll celebrate soon. Quite a trip down memory lane. AMAZING work, girlfriend! SMoochies! xxD

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Happy birthday my sweet friend! Hope you are having a wonderful day and may God bless you with many, many more years on earth.
Love ALL your work!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Leah! Wishing you a day of love and laughter.

A lot of great work. Love the Beach layout and the detail of the matting.
Have a great day!

The Cropping Canuck said...

I forgot to say Happy Birthday!

Audrey Frelx said...

Happy birthday, Leah!!! I hope you're having a wonderful day and celebrating happily!!!

I love all your projects above and wheat a great idea to do this!

AmandaB said...

I hope you are having a fabulous birthday!! All tour projects are stunning!! I just love your work!! Amanda:0)

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Leah!!!! Enjoyed the walk down memory lane with your top 10! The August 2010 layout with the beach ball is my favorite! Hope you have a great day filled with fun, friends and family!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane! My all time favorite is "Who Wears The Pants" Happy Birthday Leah, hope you had a wonderful day!

Margie said...

Happy Birthday, Leah! Glad you shared these... they're all BEAUTIFUL! Looking forward to seeing another year of your awesome creations!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Well, Happy Birthday again Miss Leah. I hope it was great. The real one and the bloggy one! Pretty soon it will be a year for SOUS. CAn you believe it? Hope you're having a great day today! We are getting ready to do a litle cooking on the grill! Love all your projects!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Happy birthday for yesterday Leah! Hope you had a great day and were spoilt. It is so good to look back over the year at all your fab creations, I remember all of them. Each and everyone is impressive and so many different techniques. Great work Leah!

hugs
Kaye x

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

HAPPY BLOG BIRTHDAY!!! I enjoy seeing ALL of your designs and all the talent you share with us. Thank you!

Lisa B said...

Leah...I am speechless. First of all I love how you did the year of your favorite projects. As I was scrolling down I would say OH this is my favorite but then I saw the next one. I just love your titles..Birds of a feather..who wears the pants in this family..All of them perfect!!!!! And very fitting for the pictures!! Your Cars layout did bring a tear to my eye because my son did the same exact thing...lined up all of his cars..He was obsessed with that Movie! You are ubbbbberrrlllyy talented..been a follower for sometime and just love your creations!

Thanks for stopping by to let me know about SOUS..I just freaked out when I saw that sketch! The minute I saw it I started scrambling thru my pictures determined to get it done today! That is my goal for today ..to get it done!!

Fern said...

OMGosh Leah, where have I been??? First of all Happy Belated Birthday sweetie!! So sorry I missed it... And second, what a wonderful thing to do ~ picking your favorite top 10 from the past year..... These are just fabulous.... I really love the versatility in your scrapping... Thanks for sharing!!! Hugs!!

sillyleann said...

So great!! The celebrate life layout with the beach ball and the clouds and the flowers all around. So beautiful!! I am officially a fan! :)