Friday, October 29, 2010

Candy Corn ~SOUS October 29~


Candy Corny

This wonderful holiday weekend is made better by another fabulous sketch picked by Stuck on U Sketches! =) Be sure to check out the site for some fang-ulous inspiration and to see the bloody sketch! =) Everyone came out with some GREAT and fun holiday ideas!

I really love fun printed paper like this but find that it can be a challenge to actual use. You know what I mean? The paper comes from a Halloween stack, a year or so ago from DCWV. I inked around the edges with Aged Mahogany and Black Soot distress ink.

Some of my photos ended up really bad so feel free to click on this. =)



This was my first time using Mini Monsters! What a fun, fun cart this is! I just adore the titles on this and all the images...can't wait to use this one again! I inked all the cuts as well and used a cool distressed stamp to add the "splatter". I also hand drew some tiny spider webs.



The rub ons are Heidi Grace, don't know how old those are though. The eye's, bat and door are all rub ons. Anything in black is hand drawn. You can also see a bit in this photo that the square pieces behind all the photos (like in the sketch but I angled everything) were embossed either with Seeing Spots or the Spider Web (both CB).



This was a fun one to put together. It went together step by step. I had no idea what I was going to do with this after I cut and assembled this. I started with the journaling and then the rub ons and then cut my own little jack-o-lantern face. One other thing you can't tell from the photos but there was popping of all the die cuts on the pages as well.



I just that's about it! Oh and....


Happy Halloween


Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend!

And GO S.F. GIANTS!!!!!



12 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah this is adorable! Love the colors and all the detail. The eyes in the black of the title is awesome and creepy at the same time! Love it! TFS

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful page!!!!!! Your kids are adorable...I bet they are getting excited about all that candy!

Maureen Reiss said...

Great LO Leah!! Love all the bright colors

Tammara said...

Super cute! Love all the hand details you drew and that splatter stamp went perfect with your cuts!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Just coming by really quick to say Hi and that I love your layout! What great colors, pix and wowzer .. love that title! Great job ... y'all don't eat too much candy! Oh, and hopefully it will be GO Rangers here in a day or 2!

Fern said...

Leah, this is a super fun layout!!! I love the die cuts and all of the rub-ons.. Great job making the pumpkin and the little spider webs!! Happy Halloween to you and your family!!! Hugs!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Too cute, Leah! I've missed sooo much on your blog and the projects are amazing! Still decorating for TONIGHT! Hope to see you guys! LOVE Pink's hair LOL xxD

CraftyGirl said...

cute, cute, super duper cute!! Seriously... you are like the queen of doodling and adding all the just right touches to your LOs that make them so unique!! And check out that gorgeous family!! whoo Hoo!! And I have to say.. Jordyns smile in that photo is just the best!!! That is a girl with personality!! Hope you had a great time trick-or-treating with the kiddos!!
Barb :)

Miwa said...

Love it honey!!!!!! Great layout!!!!

Debbie said...

Just too cute Leah! Love all the little extras you put into it! Love that little face on the lollipop and the eyes in the candy corn!!!

Brenda said...

such a cute layout...love it!!!!
hugs
Brenda

Ness said...

Totally love your take on the sketch Leah, love all the elements. Love Ness xx