Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Unbirthday (Birthday) To Yoooou ~Generations Crafting~


Happy Unbirthday (Birthday) To You

I know all of you have seen this line from Graphic 45, Hallowe'en in Wonderland. But this is my first time working with it. I made this card and tag for my niece's birthday coming up.

I used a picture piece from Through the Looking Glass and enhanced it for a little more detail.
With basic cream cardstock I punched this border using MS punches (also a first for me! what a virgin I am! hehe!). This one being Vintage Lace.


With this camera angle you can see some of the detail I added to this piece. I added Liquid Pearls to the candle light and the curtain Alice is sitting behind. I love how that ended up looking! Very neat IRL! I also added Shabby Shutters, Dried Marigold and Barn Door, or is it Brick Red, Distress Stickles to Alice.


And my tag using a piece from Wonderland Classifieds. I again used the Vintage Lace MS punch but instead of being concerned with it measuring correctly I just went for it. I really think how uneven and "messed up" it turned out just added to the unique look of it. I also turned down some of the edges which added some extra color from the reverse of the paper. I made a tiny tag and added some Rock Candy Distress Stickles to the cake and called this little tag, done!


Hope you all have a good weekend! We are off for an overnighter this weekend, it is supposed to rain so we'll see how it goes! Take care!

10 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Adorable! love those edges... Happy Thursday!

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!! Great card Leah!!! Love the distress stickles you added, they gave it great dimention

Teri Berrios said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love both of these projects! Hugs, T

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You are one amazing young lady, what an awesome card. Have a great weekend. hugs

Sandi Cl~ said...

I am totally in love with that un-birthday card! May have to look through my scraps and see if I can come up with something similar. Love the punch .. now I have to have it!

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, I love both projects!!! Both are beautiful!!! Love the detail1

GenCraft said...

Amazing work, Leah! Thank you for making them!

CraftyGirl said...

Wow!! Look at you with your amazing card!! Why is it that I see this kind of paper and think it is gorgeous, but don't have a clue what to do with it?!! Your neice is going to love it!!
barb :)

Debbie said...

Wonderful card Leah!!! Love all your special details!

Stine said...

Why have I not seen this before? Love them both! And I can't believe you were a MS punch virgin LOL
Just finished my SOUS project for this week last night -looking forward to see everyones work this friday :)
xoxo