Friday, October 1, 2010

Season of Change ~SOUS October 1~


Season of Change


Hey! Aren't you proud! I actually put the sketch up with my post! =o)
I really liked this one and had different ideas for it until I came across this printed paper from My Mind's Eye and it kind of had something similar (with the rows of squares)...so I went with it! I guess I am kinda into the kraft, monotone look lately! Since I just did something similar this past weekend for the Papertrey Ink blog hop! (though I this one did come before the last)

I'd also like to say how much fun I had with the blog hop. I certainly have never done any hop like that, nothing so huge! I had more then 400 hits on my blog from it! wow! I just really appreciate the adventure and also a few new friends I made! Hi PTI ladies! LOL!

Oh and please...don't forget to check out the rest of the ladies from the Stuck on U Sketches DT! Great projects from everyone...no like really....our team is totally killer! =o)

So here's the sketch...



How sweet is this? All my newborn babies during their first Winter in the fallen leaves in our front yard. This LO was 6 years in the making! =o)

The piece that the 3 photos are on is all popped. I actually cut out another piece from the paper collection, it happened to have lines on it and I knew that would be perfect for my journaling near the bottom. I like this paper line, Life Stories. It offers such an interesting perspective and there is a limitless amount of ideas on how to use this line! I about some at a LSS (paid too much) and then found the whole line in a stack at M's!


My title out of cork letters and my journaling!



I took the second page of the same print and cut out some of these pieces so that I could stamp and layer them. I added the dates of all the years here as well. I also added faux stitching with a dark brown pen and some pieces here and there of another kraft cardstock with a punched border. And my felt leaves that I have been usually sparingly on projects.



Close up of the title but also to show how much layering there is in this LO. Text print is Basic Grey Basic line. That was white but I inked it to match the creme cardstock I used in some of the other layering.


Happy October everyone! And seriously...October already! dang!

18 comments:

Ness said...

Wow Leah, your layout is fabulous!! love what you have done. Hope you are well. Love Ness xx

Kelly said...

Super cute Leah! Love how you grouped the kids together as babies...don't they grow up fast!

Stine said...

Love the pictures. They look so cute in the leaves, and you have as always done an amazing job in layering.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Leah, this page very pretty and your pictures are adorable as always. I think I missed the "season" part on my challenge this week???? I hope not!!!!! Happy weekend!

Melissa said...

Great sketch and I love your take on it! The title looks fantastic!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

GenCraft said...

Wow, Leah! Great layout! Love the cork title and your use of the Basic Grey Basics! Happy Weekend!

Maureen Reiss said...

AWESOME LO Leah!! Love the side panels, how you turned them around. Great job!!

Margie said...

Leah, this is GORGEOUS! Love the texture of the leaves and cork. Dig the faux stitching and the kraft cs! BEAUTIFUL LAYOUT!!!

Fern said...

Leah, this is beautliful and I love the photos of your little ones all bundled up laying in the leaves!! Priceless photos and sharing great memories... that's what scrapbooking is all about!! Have a wonderful weekend gf!!! Hugs!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah this is a beautiful page of the children. Fall; is one of my favorite seasons, so many awesome memories. Love the cork letters!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Leah, I am so loving how you just made this sketch your own and ran with it. Awesome pix of the kids .. 6 years, too funny! Love the cork letters. Have a fab weekend with that wonderful family of yours!

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, what a gorgeous layout! The whole layout is so appropriate for the cutie laying there in the leaves! Great job!

Cindy said...

Very Nicely done! I love your cork title. What a clever layout.

annette said...

Leah this is terrific ... what cuties nestled in the leaves .... beautiful memory moment love x:)

Debbie said...

Sweet pictures Leah! What a great idea for pictures! Love those felt leaves!

The6ofusinca said...

Oh Leah! Here's the deal, I don;t like to visit your blog daily because I like to wait and savor all your work and posts....It's like a stalker kinda thing! hahaha! I enjoy having my blog time where I can just dive into your pictures, art and comments and I truly enjoy every moment watching your art evolve. You are blessed with such an awesome talent and thank you for sharing it with us all.
I miss our chats, but know that I think about you and your beautiful babies daily!!!! I so miss my bonding time with CodyMan!!
Kisses and hugs to you all, and keep smiling Leah, you are an inspiration honey!
XOXOX
Jen

Tammara said...

Oh Leah, this is such a fantastic layout! Love that all three babies are photographed in the leaves. The whole layout is just so precious!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, what precious jewels! This layout is soooo beautiful and the title is sooo perfect. Love this, Sweetie! xxD