Friday, November 26, 2010

My LIttle Stinkers ~SOUS November 26~

Little Stinkers
Happy Thanksgiving friends!!!
Many of you might not be seeing this today because of the holiday (or the shopping!!!) but we have another original sketch for you by Ness Waller! Check out her sketch and all the exciting layouts over at Stuck on U Sketches!
I have so much to be grateful for this year, I wouldn't even know where to begin to explain. But I guess the main thing, always the first thing is family, friends. The people we know and love. This fun little layout is of my boys! My husband and 2 sons. They were all sitting together this one morning and all had on the same color blue tshirts and luckily I had that camera out! =0)

I used a die cut and matching clear acrylic pieces for this layout. I am sure some of you will recongize it but now the maker has escaped my memory.


I cut my title out of grundge paper and layered it with coordinating cardstock and then covered it with a generous dose of Stickles! I did that to match the glitter in the clear embellishments. I like how the polka dot in the paper still shows up under the glitter.

I did a bit of masking and stamping in this center circle. I stamped with a Hero Arts woodgrain stamp and then colored the area with Distress Inks. I tried spraying it with water to fade the stamp but all I did was warp the paper! LOL! Luckily it didn't photograph but in person it drives me crazy! I guess I didn't have to give away my mistake? LOL!

A simple page for today but really sweet. I love these photos so much of my boys and was so happy to have scrapped them! Its also fun for me to try different scrapping styles and I haven't done anything this clean in awhile, let alone scrapping and stamping.

Glad you came by and hope you all had a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving! God bless and be safe!

11 comments:

annette said...

Leah this is terrific, love the pics of your DH with the boys... fab techniques as well... luv X:)

Stine said...

Love the pictures - you have such sweet boys (all three of them LOL). I think this is simple but gorgeous!

CraftyGirl said...

Awww... look at your little stinkers!! heehee!! They look darling together in their matching shirts!! I love the cut of the background paper on this one and your letters are fabulous! gotta love the bling!! and stamping too?! Look at you go!! I hope you and your family had a great thanksgiving!!
barb :)

Maureen Reiss said...

OMG!! This is soooo cute!! Love all the little critters and all the glitter!

Fern said...

Leah, this is sooo "stinkin'" cute!! LOL!!! The photos are priceless and your embellies are adorable!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Loving your little stinkers page! Totally cute .. this sketch was perfect for your photos! I'm running on tired, so think it is time for bed now!

Debbie said...

How lucky of you to get such great pictures and wow look at the big smiles! Great layout Leah!

Tammara said...

What a fun page Leah! Love the die cut shape and the colors and so pretty.

~Joy-N-Jesus~ said...

sooooooo cute! glad to hear from you! love what you did with the little stinkers page adorable! And I am refusing ot ge

~Joy-N-Jesus~ said...

to get older even though that is not what my body is telling me latley! lol!

DonnaMundinger said...

What are the chances of getting those guys all to match? Too too cute, and those smiles! Love this layout. the die cut is really cool. xxxD