Monday, December 13, 2010

Holiday '10 Giftcard Holders


Yeah so I couldn't think of a title for this post! LOL!

But I wanted to post this quickly and show you guys what I did for my in-laws. They ask every year that we don't get them anything. Nice. But of course, we couldn't do that so we give them some giftcards. Which works out because honestly I have no idea what to get them! hehe!

I was pretty tickled though because this year was the best reaction I have ever got from my MIL and she even said she was bringing the card to work to show everyone. Now how cute is that!

Here is the little book I made:






The papers are all from DCWV printed paper stack I think from last year? And just to note, these gift cards and the exact size of standard sized cards! I just adhered the gift card with removable adhesive. It is 2 standard sized cards folded and then twine in the crease to keep it together. Very quick and very easy!


I had this idea for years now for my FIL but this is the first time I had actually made it! A golf ball snowman! How funny is he!


The card opens to a page where I wrote him a holiday note and then you open that to reveal a couple gift cards behind!


Now...this is NO slight, I promise, to those that could not come...but I wanted to thank the 2 and only 2 ladies (plus Kira) that DID come to my scrapbook day on Saturday! It was a wonderful day and I am so lucky to have best girlfriends like you!
Love you a lot Donna and Jennifer and Kira!

9 comments:

The6ofusinca said...

I have to say I love you more then words and Donna too! Kira and I talked about you two all the way home! lol! How cute you two are and how it was a blast to be a part of a scrappy day!- And yes, your Christmas tree exudes heat! hahaha!
Your gift card book is AHHHdorable!!!! Even more so in person! I love that lil Gingerbread dude! Great work my honey!
Blessings to ya
Jen
Ps- Thanks for being a great hostess and letting us invade your house ALLLLday! :O)

jacque4u2c said...

VERY CUTE!

Maureen Reiss said...

This is such a great idea!! I love it! Super cute!

CraftyGirl said...

alright girl... these are waaaayyyyy tooooo cute!! And I am totally stealing your ideas!! Thanks!!
And just so you know... my feelings are hurt that I wasn't invited to your scrapday. I totally would have shown up!! (Maybe that is why you didn't invite me!!) lol!!
Barb :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

What a clever girlie you are making that GD booklet! I'll have to remember that one .. and lloks like you were generous as well LOL Glad you had fun at your scrappy day! I applaud you all for taking time to scrap during the busy holiday season!

STAMPMOM9 said...

Girly girl...these are awesome! Great idea!!! Yeah I love giving gift cards!! As soon as I saw your message wanted to come tell you that you can use just regular milk, evaporated milk, and milk product you use...the creamer adds to much of the flavor that it is unless you use just plain creamer...even powdered milk works. We live in the middle of nowhere and trust me you will inprovise in a minute! LOL!! Go for it!! Let me know if you get to make them and share it!! They are AMAZING!! and so easy!! Today I will have even a easier one! Tomorrow is brownies that are easy and rock!! Love them! I have been wanting to get by to leave you a comment, I just barely spend any time on the computer and when I post that is it and then off...sad but true I so miss everyone and our special board. Hugs to ya and Happy Holiday!! So glad you got to enjoy a day for yourself! Take care, Dawn Gallop

DonnaMundinger said...

What a ball we had, and as we said, all the important people were there! LOL Too much fun and what yummy snacks you made. Just finished the banana bread this am. these gift card holders were the cutest EVER! So glad I got to see them before they were handed over. Hmm... so you celebrated Christmas after all? LOL xxD

Kelly said...

Hi Leah, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I know my visit is long over due but here I am...lol! This gift card holder is awesome. SO creative! Now I'm off to see what else I've missed here on your blog...Happy Holidays!

Ness said...

What a fantastic idea Leah, love these gift cards!! Love Ness xx