Monday, December 20, 2010

Makeover Holiday Surprise!


Well last night at 1 am my husband finally made it home (towing a trailer from LA in the middle of the rain storms) from a 4 day work trip! Way too long to be gone during the holidays. The good part though is that he has 4 days off around Christmas now. Which is great!

I am never able to surprise him with anything so I thought this may be my chance! A bedroom makeover! I know nothing about TV's so a couple weekends ago I gave him the go-ahead to get us a decent sized TV for our bedroom, I thought that would be a great addition to the room.

So anyways...here are the before pictures of the room....


awful picture due to the lighting and the window there...


and the after!!!!


new paint! new cozy, thick down comforter, new pillows, bedskirt. moved the bed a bit to give him a larger nightstand. and my most awesome "headboard" I found at a local, high end consignment shop, 2 iron pieces from Mexico that I love and think look super cool in here! I rearranged all the photos and put all pictures in from our Yosemite trips. I wanted to room to be a bit like a cabin and remind us of our favorite place. I just need to spend some time and pick up some other "cabin like" nicknacks or I may just wait and pick up things as we find them on our trips!


I wanted to share with you guys what I have been up to! And I'll have some more posts for you this week!

13 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow, it looks beautiful. Great headboard and love the lighter softer color. TFS

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

It is gorgeous!!!!!!!! Love the colors and your wall decor is beautiful, love it. Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

Looks beautiful Leah! All you need to do is add some lighted candles, romantic music and you and your hubby!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You did a great job on it Leah.. I am sure hubby is going to love the new look. hugs

Bug Junkie said...

That is Fabulous! Your headboard is Super Awesome...Love it!!

The6ofusinca said...

I love it Leah! It is simply cozy and quaint!!!
Enjoy your new room! Great work!

xoxo
Jen

CraftyGirl said...

Well... check you out! Looks like you have talents that go wayyyyy beyond scrapbooking! Maybe interior design is in your future!! The room is gorgeous! And the headboard kicks some serious butt!! Hopefully your hubby loved the surprise!
barb :)

Fern said...

Beautiful job Leah!!! The headboard is gorgeous and I love the color you painted the walls... I bet he loved it!!! Hugs!!!

pink cotton said...

Great job Leah! Love the headboard ;).

CelticWoman said...

Merry Christmas and enjoy your new cozy room, which is lovely. Hugs

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, you did it! Now I see why you needed your Dad's help ... Great make-over and I bet Justin loves it! Fantastic headboard BTW!

Brenda said...

awesome job!!!!
hugs
Brenda

Ness said...

Wow Leah your room looks fantastic!! awesome job!! Merry Christmas my dear friend. Love Ness xx