Friday, December 24, 2010

Snow in Love With You ~SOUS December 24~


Snow in Love With You

First and foremost~ Merry Christmas!!!
The big day is tomorrow and I couldn't be any more excited! Another happy holiday with more blessings then I could ever start to count! I wonder what Santa brought me, apparently I've been a very good girl this year! LOL!

Okay so...onto the page done for Stuck on U Sketches reveal day! Please check out the other designers and the fabulous pages they did!


Now normally I am awful with posting the sketch as well but today I wanted to kinda explain myself, since it looks like I went rouge with this sketch. LOL! So...I came up with the "wooden wall" for the dark grey part, then got inspired to, instead of using the circle doily, to use my snowflakes but tuck them around the photo. I wanted to explain because I know I have seen more then a few scrapbook pages and wondered where on earth the sketch was! LOL! But again, they are to be used as ya want! Right?


This was probably the most techniques and inking and whatnot that I have done on a page. Starting with using 2 colors of kraft cardstock, embossed and inked with multiple colors, for the wooden wall and then the photo frames.


I didn't wait, come on, how could I? To open my box of PapertreyInk products. And one thing I got was a set of their text stamps! Love them!


Large snowflakes were cut with my Cricut via the G. The small snowflakes were a new CB die cut set. The small blue flourishes were Sizzix dies (all part of a Xmas box from J's...ya didn't wait on that one either!) Flourishes were inked with 2 distress ink colors and then sprayed with copper perfect pearls.


The 2 large, plaid snowflakes were embossed using UTEE.


And lastly, and because it was so darn gorgeous...my letters! Inked on one side with Tumbled Glass and then inked on the other side with Antique Linen and then the edges lightly hit with Vintage photo. Which was used also for the text stamping. I just adore how these turned out! So much so that I didn't use the layer that I had cut for this using my Cricut, I just kept the shadow I had cut!



Sorry to make this so long...and I am sure most of this will go unread as it's a holiday! LOL! Many blessings to you all, my wonderful friends!

xoxo Leah and family!

6 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

OMG!! Leah, I LOVE This LO!! The wood is sooo awesome! And all the snowflakes in different papers is a great touch!! Merry Christmas to you and your family

Audrey Frelx said...

What a beautiful creation, my friend!

Wanted to stop by and wish you and yours a very wonderful and warm holiday!!! Enjoy!

I'll be seeing you!

DonnaMundinger said...

Merry Christmas, Sweetie! May all your Christmas dreams come true and then some. Love to you and your family and I'll be seeing you soon! xxD

P.S. ADORE the layout! You are such cuties and the texture and all is really great! YUMMY letters. Can't wait to see all your new goodies.

Sandi Cl~ said...

So glad you got this posted .. wasn't here the other day> Love all the close-ups and those cute pix of you guys! You rocked this one!

Brenda said...

WOW awesome layout Leah!!!!!lovin the photos!!!
hugs
Brenda

Sentimental Scrapper said...

What a beautiful layout!! Love all of the details!! WOW! Welcome to the Sassy Lady design team!

Kimberly