Monday, January 10, 2011

Airplane


Airplane

One of my resolutions for this year was to join in more challenges. So my little card today is doing just that!

Now, we all have some of our favorites and it doesn't mean that we don't care about the rest of them but...I am participating in a few of my favorite challenge sites! Why my favs? Mostly it's the people! Okay, their projects are awesome too but the kind women don't hurt either! LOL!

I will start first with the card itself and the page design which is a card sketch found for us by Sketches in Thyme for their Tuesday Takes. I really thought this was neat and was excited to play!

Next challenge is over at Frosted Designs. Their challenge I thought was cool..to use 3 or more photos, stamps, etc on any project...I have used 4 stamps on my card! You could of really gone crazy and used 3 photos, 3 stamps...etc, etc! LOL!

And last, but certainly not least is Pile It On! I've had the chance to correspond with Dalis a few times and really like that chick! I am pleased I am finally about to play along with them. This is no challenge combining that some of the girls can rock out, but a good start for me! LOL!!!! Oh, almost forgot to tell you what their challenge was...cute kids (not that I would know because mine are NOT being too "cute" today!) LOL!



The cute kid is a Glitz piece. The airplane stamp is from Imaginisce (wing stamped with a splatter stamp from All Night Media). The background cloud stamp done in Versamark Dazzle (in frost). And my very first time stamping with it and its just GORGEOUS!!!! The 2 pattern papers are Basic Grey Basic in Manilla (hand cut clouds) and the shaped piece is a clear stamp from Hampton Art.


And since my kids are literally unable to control themselves right now and this single blog post just took me 45 minutes...it's time to go! =)

10 comments:

Katie said...

Good resolution and a great card!
Thanks for Piling It On this week :)

Dalis said...

I love "talking" to you to girl! and that airplane card rocks!!!!! btw. that "scarY' looking kid is awesome!

-- dalis

CraftyGirl said...

Look at you go! 3 challenges in one! Well... your goal for the new year was to play in more of them and you are off to a kick butt start! Love the adorable little card! That airplane is adorable and I think I have it!! Don't you just love when you forget what is in your own stash until you see someone else use it!! Thanks for making Frosted Designs one of your favs!! We love it when you can play along! And the good news for me is that my husband is out of town for almost 2 weeks straight so I will have lots and lots of time to play so I plan on getting a LO done for the SOUS challenge this time!! Whoo hoo!!!
Barb :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

wow... you are a busy girl! Love, love your card and the colors are beautiful too.

Nanne said...

Talking about killing three birds with one stone..LOL Fantastic card and such a cute design..
Hugs
Nanné

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable card! and 3 challenges with one! You go girl!

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Love it! I love the colors and the use of stamps! Great job! Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!

Debbie said...

Way to go Leah! Cute card!

BethieJ said...

Your card is FANTASTIC!!!!
Thank You for joining us at PIO this week! Have a GREAT day!

DonnaMundinger said...

You go girl! This is so stinkin' cute! looks both vintage AND clean and modern all rolled into one! LOVE it! xxD