Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby's First ~SOUS January 21~


Baby's First

Its another sketchy day at Stuck on U Sketches and we've got another hum-dinger for ya! LOL!
I really liked this sketch a lot but let me tell you...what a ride this one was!

I look at this and still (even though I did it awhile ago) think it needs something else but this took me forever!

So you know how popular of a technique it is to do your titles in different colors or fonts. Well..that is one cool benefit to the Imagine. I cut my title (which I thought it cut the details of this font so nicely, much better then my Expression) and printed it in 3 different colors. I did this on draft quality so the colors were not very bold. The red and green I touched up with some distress inks and was very happy with that!


This project just took forever because I was still learning the machine. My kid pulled the plug and I lost the whole project...it was just thing after thing with this one. So by the time I got it this far, I was out of steam! Still a cute page...and FUN to see some things done with the Imagine!!!


And really...how cute is my little Cody on his very first Christmas! With his au natural hair due! Okay off topic here but when Jordyn was little she had similar hair but her's would go into a big curl (mine did too as a baby) but Cody...his had a little haux! I was sooo sad when he grew out of that! LOL!

Okay..hehe..onto the page! These are both wonderful examples of using regular Cricut cuts but printing them on the Imagine and this is also printing in full quality mode. I do think the prints are really cool! Oh and how the pattern is down scaled for smaller cuts...smart stuff!!!


The other reason this took so long is that I must have had at least a dozen, no kidding, patterns that I kept jumping between! LOL! Shoot, I should have just used all Imagine prints...would have been easier! LOL!

Okay well make sure to pop to SOUS and see what my ladies did...some good looking stuff this week! =o)

15 comments:

Stine said...

Love your layout Leah!! And I am no jelous of your new machine at all (I am covering my ears and closing my eyes as I say this)!! Love how the prints dressed up your cuts!!

Maureen Reiss said...

Your LO is super ADORABLE!!! Love the prints!

AmandaB said...

Aww Leah, your page is absolutely adorable,and so are your pictures of your little guy..

Amanda:0)

Southernbelle said...

Thsi is adorable Leah! I always adore your dimension you add to your pages! Hope you and your family have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Aymee
(Southernbellescrapper)

CraftyGirl said...

Look at this amazing LO you did and you are still learning the machine!! You are going to be unstoppable once you get it mastered!! You will be crankin out those LOs one after another!! I love all the prints you were able to use! And how stinkin' cute are those kids of yours?! I adore crazy baby hair!! Have a fabulous weekend!
Barb :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Of course that Cody is the cutest ever.. Sure wish I lived in Livermore.. I would be over learning that Imagine with you.. BEAUTIFUL lo..

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah this layout is GORGOUS. Love the soft colors of the letters and all the dimention on the page. You are quickly mastering the Imagine. Good for you! TFS

Debbie said...

Such a cute layout and what sweet pictures of your little one! Love the title in different colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bug Junkie said...

Awe, this is Super Cute! I Love your title done in different colors and I just Love that font! I so need to play with my imagine. What cute pics of your little one too!

annette said...

Leah, this is just so cute .. I could just cuddle that little one .... luv X:)

Fern said...

Wow, Leah, look at you gf!! You're doing a fantastic job mastering the Imagine!! Just look at this adorable layout of your cutie pie Cody (I hope he's not the one that pulled the plug!!LOL!!) I love how you did the font, and the stocking and trees are tooo cute!! Such a sweet layout!! Hugs!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Just a quick hello .. too much time on the computer this weekend, yikes .. but anyway, this is simply darling! Love the multi-colored font. You are getting to be a whiz at that Imagine! I am starting to think about one .. long and hard!

Ness said...

oh Leah I just love your layout, such a cutie!! Hope you are well. Take care and hope we can catch up soon. love Ness xx

Tammara said...

Super cute layout! Love seeing all the different stuff done with the imagine!

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh, you're making me want to mess with my Imagine, girly! LOVE this! xxD