Monday, February 21, 2011

Cards ~Scrap with V~


Okay well...this is a first but probably not a last, I gave the cards away before taking photos! Ahhhh!

Well I did take this ONE photo with my Iphone so I could send it to my girlfriend so at least I have something!

I did these 2 cards following a couple sketches for Scrap With V for the month of February. They post sketches on the 1st and 15th of each month. The butterfly card is for the first sketch and the Hippo card for the 2nd sketch.

Again, I am so sorry about the awful photo but here we go...

The butterfly card was for my friend's daughter's 1st birthday! She is a biggest butterfly nut I have met so when I saw this on one of my Imagine cartridges I just knew I had to do it! It didn't turn out like I wanted because the cutting was off so the card doesn't have the dimension I wanted. Oh well..still cute with lots of shimmer and shine! I used both stickles and a glitter pen to accent both cards.

My cute hippo birthday card is using a mix of Mrs Grossman's sticker and DCWV papers. I had a best time converting the scrapbook sketches into card sketches. You can't always do that I don't but it worked this time and they really are both sweet in person!

(And that card in the background was my Valentine from my husband. He made it from the Apple store and it has the cutest photo of my baby Cody inside...really thoughtful as only he is!)

Thanks for checking these out!

Also check out this for your chance to win a little bling bling!!! =o)
And Scrap With V has a store wide SALE! Yay baby! look here!

13 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

These cards are adorable!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable cards! Everyone likes Butterfly Kisses! TFS

Cathryn said...

Very nice cards, thank for sharing. I love your blog, I am a new follower! Cathryn67 ;)
inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Leah... those cards are precious! I know they will love them.

Sandi Cl~ said...

These are just the cutest! Really love that hippo! I really need to do more cards! You're such a good example!

CraftyGirl said...

Okay... here's the deal... I am just going to have to stop dropping by if you can't provide better photos of your projects!! lol!! Ok, so you know that is a lie! both cards are adorable! Love the girly butterfly one... and so would my daughter!
Barb :)

ann said...

Cool cards thanks for playing along with us xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Too cute Leah! You[re gonna have to get me up to speed on the imagine. Sorry I've been MIA. I'm gonna catch up on your blog and will give you a call today. xxD

Margie said...

Leah, these are both so pretty! The photo isn't bad at all. Love to know what cart you used for that butterfly card...i love it! Did you add extra inking or is that thecway it printed. Lovely! And the hippo card is too dang cute! Be seeing ya around! Wink wink!

Ness said...

Leah I just love your cards for the sketch, thanks for playing along with us. Love Ness xx

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, I love your cards!!! Wish you'd remembered to take pics of the others -- I would have loved to see them also!!!

Southernbelle said...

How cute are these!!!

Flamenco92627 said...

Those cards are so cute! I think they came out great!