Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Echo Park Springtime ~Generations Crafting~


Wine Bottle Topper



I had the chance to play with some of Echo Park's new line, Springtime. Really the prettiest shades in this line. Lots and lots of possibilities, check it out here! I brought this bottle of wine over to my sister's house last week for her birthday. I posted this and the next project together because both are the first times for me playing much with doing banners. I really see why they are so popular...they are just darling!


I came across these photos and thought they went so well with the line. I am trying to figure out how old Jordyn was in these photos, I think under 2?


I used a journaling card from the line and added BG Bloomers. I hadn't used these yet but they were great colors for this line!!! I added some leaves from the stickers and punched leaves as well.

Also in their element stickers they had this banner. The banner was straight across so I cut small slits in between them and that gave me just enough room to lay it on an angle.


And come back thursday because I'll have one more layout using this line...thanks!




13 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Leah, both your projects are absolutely beautiful and the banners add the perfect touch to both of them.. I really like the paper you used it is so bright and cheerful..

Amanda:0)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love those banners.... adorable!

DonnaMundinger said...

Bummer, I thought that wine was for ME! LOL Love the topper, I'm gonna have to make some of those. Too cute! The banners on this line are FAB and I love your layout. Pink looks so teeny but she still has that funny little expression on her face. xxD

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful page and great wine topper. Love the banners. TFS

Kim H said...

Love the both of these projects! I love the colors for them both! What a great idea for a bottle of wie! I never used banners... making me think I should ! I would love to find out where your parents lived in Pgh! I live outside of the city. I swore I was following you... I am now for sure! I really need to do some scrapbook pages!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great projects, girlie. Love the banners .. and those oh so serious looks on Jordyn's face.. what a sweetie!

Leanne W said...

This layout is so sweet (just my style) and I am loving that Echo Park paper!! I just ordered some last week -can't wait to see what else you've made with it.

Scossie Jane said...

Love the banners Leah, they are darling. Beautiful page, love the fresh, summer colours. The photo's are adorable, soooo serious a face - gotta love kids.... Hugs xx

Kim H said...

I had to come back. I am about 10-15 miles away from your Grandma. It is a romantic town and alot of the houses there have beautiful wood work in them! You think your towns name is funny.. try Plum Borough! Your parents probably will recognize that name! I can't even comment on PTI...I LOVE everything I ever bought off them! I will never admit on how much I truly have spent there! LOL. I was just looking at those dies the other day! Now you really have me interested!

Kim H said...

OMG.. sitting here laughing! Your Mom would be right... Plum! Now imagine telling someone your from Plum! LOL. It is a very nice community! Holiday Park is one of many developments here! So nice to chat about this! So sorry to hear about your friends brother/ brother-in-law. Tell your Mom she needs to vote for Hines Ward on DWS! I normally don't watch but now we have a vested interest! LOL. GO Steelers!

~Joy-N-Jesus~ said...

o that is a such a great idea with the wine and the top is so cute! You did a great job! I love the layotu you did too! Beautiful!!!! Just beautiful!!!

Margie said...

Great use of the banners, Leah! I tried to zoom in on the wine label...I thought I saw my name on it! LOL! Love the pretty colors on the layout and those yummy felt flowers!

Audrey Frelx said...

Love the bottle topper, and the tag is great!!!