Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hopscotch Layouts ~Generations Crafting~


Day of Wonder

Well I am pretty sure that you can see why this is such an important project for me, the photo says it all! My little Cody was born only minutes before midnight and this photo was taken the following day. I just couldn't believe how perfect he looked! But that may have to do something with the 2 minute delivery! Crazy but true! LOL!

I've saved this photo for some time but when I came across these papers and this soft blue, well it was perfect! Basic Grey Hopscotch is the line and it can be found at Generations Crafting.


I needed a little something to help the blue stand out against the floral background so I die cut another shape using glitter paper from DCWV. Turns out that the color was a great match for the oranges in the embellishments. These are chipboard, stickers, letters and buttons all from the Hopscotch line. Accents with some Stickles, thread and brads.


I had the best time layering the matching stickers, chipboard and die cuts from the line!!! And the buttons for this line are my FAVORITE so far!!!!


I did the little with 2 different sticker lines (brown is Hopscotch) and a clear button from the button pack. I also did a chunkier clear Stickles on the letters and they just look amazing IRL!


...........................................................................................................................................................................

Scotti, I Love You!


This layout is also showing off some wonderful photos, these from my son's last day of school from last year! Just adore these photos of him! So sweet! Now, though this is print heavy, the colors are soft enough that it isn't overwhelming (at least, not to me! LOL!)

What I like about Hopscotch is that I feel like the prints leave many avenues of themes. Boy, girl, baby, school, etc.


I used a die cut for the tag, fussy cut the letters from the Four Square pattern paper for his name and used the chipboard (already adhesive backed) and cut "you" from the pattern paper as well! I thought this was a great way to use my scraps for that paper!


All the circles are from the Sticker Elements sheet. It came with a ton of circles so I had the greatest time figuring out how to use them!!!



And that finished off my week! Lots to post, lots to share!

I also want to let you guys know that it is worth your while to head over to Generations Crafting and sign up to follow the store blog or check them out on Facebook. Floren does a ton of deals and give aways so you can visit, see some projects and maybe get a goody! Okay...how about THIS line??? Check them out here, leave a comment and you could get some Hopscotch for your own!!! Go HERE!!!

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These pages are GORGEOUS.Love the soft colors and it is amazing the detail you used too. TFS

Brenda said...

awww soooo precious loveee seeing layouts of your kids!!!
beautifully done!
hugs
Brenda

Fern said...

Leah, I love both layouts!!!! I have to agree with you about being able to use this collection with boys or girls.. I really love the way you layered it, fussy cut it, and embellished it!! Fantastic job!!! And your kiddos are just the sweetest!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hi, Leah, wowzer, you went all out with these pages. Love how you used the circles and make that whole embellishment pack work for you. I adore these colors and you really used them well. Totally adorable pix too! My doctor used to call me Mrs Fast Labor too but I think you have me beat .. maybe.

DonnaMundinger said...

I'll tell ya Leah, that paper line is super yummy! LOVE these pages! xxD