Thursday, February 24, 2011

Love My Friend ~She's a Sassy Lady~


Hey ladies! This is my post today for She's a Sassy Lady, you can find this tutorial running there as well today. Hope you like! I had made this card for Nanne when I sent her a little gift awhile ago, so luckily she's seen this and received it before I had to run this tutorial!

Here is a photo of the virtual cutting mat for the Imagine showing exactly what will print and cut, I chose images from Imagine More Cards.
Now this tutorial is really about building interest for your cards. I know many of us are used to layering and detail in our scrapbook pages but you can indeed add the same to cards. So let me show you step by step some layering...
Here is a basic, but cute card! The image is certainly sweet enough to stand on its own, the blue piece (matted in dark brown to stand out even more) is embossed with hearts and the fibers all add texture to the card.

Now I've added a sentiment to the card and also a layer of the rose, popped for detail.


I have found a great new love, the Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star, glitter pen. Here I've used it to highlight the sentiment writing, the leaves and bird. I've used this pen a ton of times to write over sentiments or any writing..its just so pretty in person! I've even used the pen to highlight areas on stickers to make them a bit more interesting.


Now the last step is going a little farther for adding detail...this is also such a great chance for you to raid your stash. Go through all those little drawers or divided holders and see what little goodies might go with your project. You'd be surprised what you can add and it's a great way to actually use all the teeny finds you've collected.


I've added the feathers, 2 layered hearts which were printed/cut with the Imagine, 3 small roses and small bird stick pin. Some more inking (to the hearts and directly from ink pad to roses) and some glitter to the larger rose. Here you can also see the embossing on the blue background and all the other parts shining. This card is so full of texture that it makes you want to reach out and touch it!


Okay I'll see you all tomorrow as I'll be joining in with Papertrey Ink's blog hop again this month..see you manana then!

8 comments:

Jo said...

Leah, this is wonderful! The details and layers make it so visually interesting ... it just draws you in. Great tutorial, too. Now I need to go find more info on the glitter pen you used!!

Jo xx

Amanda said...

Oh my Leah, I am loving your shabby chic card!!! You really did a fabulous job adding all the little details..

Hugs,
Amanda:0)

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow,wow, WOW girly! LOVE this! all the little embellie elements are sooo gorgeous! FABULOUS card! xxD

Flamenco92627 said...

Leah, wonderful card! I love the layering-thanks for the tutorial.

Nanne said...

Loved the card.. Thank you leah :)

The6ofusinca said...

Love it my lovie! Thank you for sharing!!!
xoxo
Jen

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love it! I am crazy about cages and birds... love the colors too.

Stine said...

Love all the layers and stash you have put onto it. Lots of snowy hugs!!!