Friday, February 25, 2011

Ocean View ~Papertrey Ink February Blog Hop~



Ocean View

I certainly don't think I can keep up with this every month but 2 in a row isn't too bad! I have joined February's blog hop for Papertrey Ink. This months challenge is all about the scallop (the crafting kind, not the seafood, though that could have gone well with my page! LOL!). They wanted to see all kinda of projects with scallops, circles, punches, etc.

You can find all the hopping details here.

I have to say that I did have a ton of ideas for this challenge, maybe the first time I did have a few ideas to choose from but once I came across these photos...I got an immediate idea to do this punched border piece. The idea came from a cross between the stripe in my son's shirt and the idea of making my own sea. I chose the colors from the photo, the blue's like my son's shirt, the kraft like the sand and threw in a bit of pink from the sunrise sky and my little girl's shirt!

I had purchased the sampler pack of PTI papers so I was able to choose just the right colors for this. Sweet Blush, Kraft, Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening are the colors.


My little cuts are from Create a Critter Cricut cartridge. Too cute!


And of course, let's get to the stamping! Starting with the pink, it was stamped with Polka Dot Basics 2, the kraft with Background Basics Text Style, the light blue with Background Basics Hearts and lastly, but my favorite for how it turned out is the dark blue stamped with Library Ledger. I stamped everything in Versamark Frost except for the text which I stamped in Antique Linen distress ink and by the time it dried its really hard to see. So I learned from that and used Vintage Photo to stamp the text again on the background of the title and the sandcastle. The white layering for the die cuts were stamped in the same Library Ledger with Antique Linen. I did some doodling with a white gel pen and some inking with a white chalk ink on the scallops.

I try really hard to keep it short for the blog hops because there is so much to see and read. I know this time that I will try and get to as many blogs as I can during the hop but may not be able to comment as much as I have tried to before...but I'll try hard to come and visit you lovely stampers and PTI fans!

Thanks for visiting! And I'd like to wish my OLDER sister who is turning 35 today a Happy Birthday and wish my niece good luck at the talent show tonight!!!! Love you guys!!!!

26 comments:

Lea L. said...

Super cute layout! Love all the rows of scallops you added in the background! Great job!!

Linda said...

Your layout is gorgeous! The scallops work perfectly with your theme! You did a great job!

Nanne said...

Too cute Leah... Love that little crab sneaking a peek from behind the sand castle and great job with all the punched edges..
Hugs
ME :)

Jessica Griffin said...

Oh I love your layout!! Love the sandcastle especially! Happy birthday to your sister! Today is my brother's birthday!

Banu said...

WOW, so much work you have put into this layout and it turned out just superb. All the details. WOW...

Jen Carter said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love your layout, very great execution with the scallops!

Kay said...

Oh my, this is just delightful! I absolutely adore all those scalloped borders!

Linda said...

Wow! Great use of scallops. Fabulous LO!!

Sonia said...

Beautiful layout....love the color combo, and the overall finish is perfect!

kbell said...

love the variety of scallops!

Becky Carafa said...

Ooo, lovely layout! Love your layers of scallops!

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

WOW! What a beautiful lo! Love the colors and you use of scallops! Perfect!

Laurie said...

OH my! WOW! That background of scallops is fantastic! I really love your layout! So fun! That little sand castle is adorable!!

Sue Ann said...

Oh how I love all the different scallops on this layout....... the texture is so perfect!!! Beautiful beautiful layout~~

Audrey Frelx said...

What a pretty layout, and I love the colors you used on it! Great job!

Christina said...

The scalloped borders look fantastic on your layout! Those are some great pictures, and I love the little sand castle!

MicheyMoo said...

What a great layout. Love the layered scallops and you've mixed just the right colours together. xx

Donna said...

Love this layout! You've done a great job with the scallops, & your color choices. Really looks good, I may case...If you're like me, you probably just want to keep this one out to look over & over! Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne said...

Amazing layout!! I love the colors that you used!

Diane Jaquay said...

You did a beautiful job of incorporating scallops into your layout! I love that cute little sandcastle too :)

Kristii said...

Wow!!!!! What a beautiful layout!!!!! I just love all the scallops!! The little sandcastle is perfect!!!!!!

Kelly S. said...

What a great layout! Love how it's kind of clean and simple, but so many lovely little details. The layering of the borders is amazing!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great job on the challenge. Your ocean is fantastic!

ScrappingStephanie said...

Oh Leah I LOVE your LO! This combination of color is gorgeous. You kept this LO so clean, but have so many details. You are sooo talented, I just LOVE all your work:) Did you get my e-mail?

Hugs,
Stephanie

~Laurie said...

Gorgeous! Great use of the challenge! Love all the scallop layers!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Leah, this is sooo gorgeous! You really rock your Papertrey! those colors are so fabulous and I love the little crabby peeking out from the sand castle. xxD