Friday, February 4, 2011

Whale of a Memory ~SOUS February 4th~


Whale of a Memory


Well January was something else! With the weather feeling totally like Spring, I'm left feeling a little confused! LOL! But with that warm weather, I was crafting my butt off and reorganizing in the house. I'm curious to see what February brings!

It's my month to host at Stuck on U Sketches and I found this nice little sketch from Scrapbooks, Etc magazine. Check it out over at the SOUS blog!

Too bad my photos aren't that nice...any of you totally grossed out? Have you even really looked yet? Maybe you shouldn't! LOL!

Last October we visited our favorite local beaches for our Fall camping trip and we happened to be staying right down the road from a whale that washed ashore. This was for sure a once in a life time experience! The photo of Scotti and Jordyn is pretty awesome because it was windy and really stinky...hence, their faces! LOL!



This project is full of distressing, inking, sprays, glitter and such...it really was a fun one to put together!


Oh no, I totally forget which cart this cutie whale came from, maybe Just Because Cards? He was cut using the Imagine and choosing their pattern paper, as well as the waves from Zoobaloo. Both showing that you can cut from old carts but use their prints and colors. My title was 3 fonts from my cart collection and cut from the Expression.


My beautiful shells were also cut from the Imagine. I almost find the machine worth using just because you can skip searching for coordinating colors. I just choose 3 colors for my 3 different shells and I was done! No searching through my scraps! I did some inking with several distress ink shades on these, sprayed with Perfect Pearls and rubbed on Liquid Pearls also. You can see the water marks well on this shell....they really turned out neat IRL!


I also implore you to go visit Stuck on U Sketches because we have a bit of an announcement...though I think I'll let you read it there as its too sad to have to post twice....

11 comments:

Stine said...

UGH!!Sounds like a stinky memory... Love your layout though. Especially the fabric, and that whale is SO CUTE!!

One question. Something has happened to my blog, and I am wondering if oyu can see it. I did some adjustments yesterday from home, and it worked fine, but today when I tried opening it from work there is noe text and no picture or anything... I am quite frustrated... Can you mail check it out and send me a mail about how u see it?

chrisw said...

goegeous layout,love your little whale

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful page and the title is so cute. Love their faces... adorable!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Leah, this is fantabulous! Love your title work and that whale and beach scene is perfection. I hadn't thought about using the Imagine to get the colors I need. What a great idea! Guess you are stocking up on white?! Hugs!

Maureen Reiss said...

Awesome LO!!! Love the colors!!! Your shells look GREAT!!

Tammara said...

Super cute layout. Love all the different fonts you used on your title and the details on your imagine cuts.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful page. Love you inking and the title is perfect. Cutest little whale ever! TFS

Fern said...

Wow, Leah... Your layout is full of wonderful eye candy... Love the fonts you used in the title and the shells are fabulous!! That piece of burlap adds such a great texture!!! Great photos, I'm sure the kids will remember this for a long time!! So sad about the whale! :o( Hugs!!!

Nanne said...

Super cute layout Leah and what a neat thing to witness, but sad as well..
Love those colors and the burlap does add that special something to the layout..
Hugs
nanné

annette said...

Leah, this is terrific, what an interesting holiday experience ... love your whale & shells
luv X:)

DonnaMundinger said...

I remember seeing these pix. You sure made a great page out of them, considering the subject. The kid's faces are priceless! xxD