Friday, March 4, 2011

I Treasure You ~SOUS March 4~


I Treasure You


So we may have a love hate relationship with our very own craft projects but this one turned out so very special for me! The photo itself is beyond a treasure and I so wanted a special page for it. I think this may be the most awful case of following a sketch (refer to SOUS because I'm too ashamed to post the actually sketch here) I've ever done but I needed to remember that its for inspiration and doesn't always need to be followed so carefully, so really the inspiration comes from the paper layering in the original sketch...this page had a mind of its own! =)

And before I go any further...please let me welcome back one of SOUS original creators, Sandy Windsor! Thank you so much Sandy for coming to SOUS to Guest Designer for us, we are SO pleased and tickled to have you here again! Miss you so much friend! Click quick back to SOUS and see what she did this week!


The stunning shell paper is from DCWV Four Season's stack (a gift from my sister at Christmas, I thought it was really cute she bought me craft supplies!) I fussy cut the shells and the title piece from one sheet and layered over the muted shell print. Basic Grey letters for my titles and Crackle Accents.


This was a really neat page to put together. I can for sure say this is one that just continued to evolve. Because at the start it was all wrong and I was worried sick about it. You can see on the cream background that I embossed stripes (using Scor Pal) on the paper and then inked it, I like how that looked like a wooden walkway down to the beach. The photo frame is handmade paper and has such a warm, soft look.

The rest of the layering was just digging through my stash and adding more and more, here and there! I adore how it turned out and the small details like folding a Prima in half and tucking them around the page, the white really popping as a neat detail.


I'm a little late in thinking about this now but I should have pulled the tags out and shared these with you as well. I did some stamping with this page. The 3 tags though only 2 actually pull out. I also thought they balanced the heavily embellishment on the left side of the page with something interesting and also gave me an important area to talk about what the beach has meant to our family...


I think this is about the second or third time I have used tone on tone letters for a second title. I love how subtle a detail it is but also how it adds just a little something more, again with Crackle Accents. You can also see some more stamping I did with the clouds on the blue background (blue and cream papers are Basic Grey). The light blue cloud was cute and reused from the glittery shell paper.


This page is so special to me that I've actually kept it up so far and haven't put it away (away meaning in with a massive stack of pages without a home). LOL! I hope you love this as well and can see what it means to me. Funny because when something like this turns out so well it makes me feel better about the projects that turn out, so-so. Know what I mean?

Okay well make sure to stop by SOUS and see what our fabulous DT has done with the sketch...and I'll guess you'll be able to see the sketch a little better in at least a few other them! LOL! Take care and thanks again Sandy for joining us!

18 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Leah, this is exquisite! I can't take my eyes off of it it's sooo unbelieveably beautiful. You've captured a feeling feeling here that I just can't put into words. AMAZING work, Sweetie! xxD

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Oh my.... your page is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!! Love your soft colors and all the details. Love it!!!!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

what an AMAZING page Leah. Love the colors and the wonderful detail! TFS

Margie said...

HOLY COW, LEAH! How much does that sucker weigh? I feel like I'm right on the beach with them. This is one fabulous layout, girl! Your attention to detail is always amazing...love the pull out tags!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, hey, hey! Let's go to the beach .. I am totally ready after seeing you page. Love all your layering .. one of my favorite things to do. And I understand how special some of these projects can be when the photos mean so much to us. Aweseome dimension and texture! Have a great weekend .. I am getting to see my babies and spoil them a little! Well, a lot!

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, your layout is just beautiful!!! It really reminds me of a treasure chest sitting on the bottom of an ocean floor!

magicwanda said...

I love this Leah...Gorgeous colors I love the beach colors and all the layers and textures!
Awesome job!
Hugs Wanda

Sandy said...

Leah...wow...fantastic page...those babes are just gorgeous in this photo...and the embellies are da bomb...what a wonderful tribute to your kiddos...you are a treasure to them fer sure...thanx so much for letting me come out and play this week...it was so much fun

annette said...

AWESOME Leah ... loving this LO & all it's layers ... definitely a pic to treasure .. Luv X:)

Stine said...

Love all the seashells. super cute page! Thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog. I appreciate it (and you!) so much!

Nanne said...

Fantastic layout Leah!! I too love all the seashells you added and that title is so sweet with the glimmer on it!! This is definitely going into my fav's..
Hugs
Nanné

Fern said...

WOW Leah, this is Fabulous!!!! The layering is fantastic and your fussy cut shells look soooo real!!! Love, love, love, the sweet photo!!!! Beautiful layout, Leah!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!!

Kim H said...

This has to be the most precious layout I have seen! I LOVE all the details! Those shell look so unbelievable! I love how you layered the paper, your paer choices and all the embellishments! FANTASTIC job! So jealous you got a page done! Those kiddos look so darn cute too!
tfs

Bug Junkie said...

Awesome page with all the perfect details. Love all the tags and layering...Perfect!

ScrappingStephanie said...

Wow, Leah. I don't even know what to say. This is precious beyond words. When I first looked at it and before reading the post I thought the shells were real! the picture is gorgeous. Amazing LO!

STAMPMOM9 said...

Leah....just adorable...love the title...the little treasures in the picture..and those treasures on the side!!! The rope...all so amazing! The layers...girl you have rocked it!!! AWESOME!!!! Congrats on your new DT....girl you are gonna be even busier!! Yeah the photoshop I have is 8 and I gonna buy lightroom 3 asap! I am hooked the books I have are PSE 8 for windows by Barbara Brundage, and Teach yourself visually pse 8 by Mike Wooldridge....but I am sure they have these in 9 by now. They are awesome and have helped me when I want to do something special. I have a long wtg. Another one of my friends is an EXPERT! she has been helping me too. Hope you are having a beautiful Monday!!! Have a sweet week...hugs!! Dawn Gallop
Thanks for the lovely comments you leave me!!

Ness said...

wow Leah your layout is amazing, love all the elements. Love Ness xx

Debbie said...

This is adorable Leah!!! I think my favorite of all of your layouts!!!