Sunday, March 6, 2011

A new DT for me and an Imagine card


Well I am so happy to be announcing that I will joining a new DT! I am lucky to be joining a team with such talented ladies but also to be working for a great friend of mine...thank you Ness for having me at Scrap With V!

Ness has her own shop in Australia, her home country! How awesome is that? You can check out the store here.

Now as part of her DT I will be doing a monthly sketch, some tutorials and also be making a project with her kit...the page, instructions and products will be available at Scrap With V. Aussie's first store to offer page kits! Coolness!

Now I have a little card I've done for my younger sister turning 25 this month. I am sure she'll like this one...reminds me so much of her! This is using Imagine cart, Yummy. The blue cloud paper is from a Cosmo Cricket cart called Hopscotch, love that Provo was smart enough to get a great designer like Cosmo Cricket to do some of the patterns!


I added some embossing (Tim Holtz), random ribbon (which most of mine is), small Prima and some bling. Small sentiment stamp is Papertrey Ink, Just the Ticket. And lots of pink and blue inking!

Hey so you know what I realized while making this...its such a quick way of making a card! I mean, really quick! Because there is no paper choices and cutting, pulling paper off, cutting, etc etc. This just goes a lot more quickly on the Imagine. So you can make great looking cards in a shorter amount of time. Now...I can't say that for layouts because I haven't done too much with that yet...need to get motivated to do so! =)

Again, Ness, thank you for the chance to work with you! Hugs across the seas!

12 comments:

Margie said...

Well, well, well... aren't you the busy little bee! First of all, congratulations on the new DT spot! She's very lucky to have you! Love the colors and the embossing on the hat is just perfect! Hey, take a minute and visit my daughter, Melissa's brand new blog! www.nobeesplease.blogspot.com
Thanks Chickie! I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Congrats on your new DT spot! You are just all over everywhere ..so happy for you~ And you know I love that card!~

Fern said...

Congratulations Leah!!! And your card is soo cute, your sister will love it!!! Hugs!!

Maureen Reiss said...

Congrats!!! Love your card!! Very sassy!!

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo! Congrats on the new DT gig! I know you'll have a ball! and How cute is this! She's gonna LOVE it! I swear we've got to get together so I can get up to speed on the Imagine. You know paper choices are my downfall. xxD

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, love your card and congrats on your new DT spot!!!

ScrappingStephanie said...

Congrats on the DT! :) Wow another fabulous creation. Love all the inking you did. I know your little sis is going to love it.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Ness said...

Oh Leah I am sure your sister will love this card. I love this card. Welcome to SWV, looking forward to working with you. Love Ness xx

Bella and Aidee Mom said...

Leah,
Hi Friend...I just started playing with my Imagine tonight...Small learning curve on that bugger...LOL...I will figure it out..Thanks so much for stopping by my blog..I miss our chats..Please email me anytime so we can catch up...Congrats on the DT...If u ever want to share your hard times I will always listen...Hugs...Krista...
ps..Don't be a stranger...Hope u still have my email:)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Congrats on your new DT..you are so talented Leah... hugs

Debbie said...

Cute card Leah! Congrats on the new DT!!!!

Kim H said...

Awesome card! Your sister will love it! I just started using mine... very new to it! Congrats on the DT! I need to get that Imagine catridge... had my eye on it for awhile! I agree about Provo craft with Cosmo Cricket!
tfs