Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Easter ~Whimsical Wednesday~


Happy Easter

Hi friends! Hope today finds you all in good spirits! I can certainly say that's the case for myself! May I please start out with saying I am so overwhelmed with the kind words from the Whimsical Wednesday blog hop this past weekend, all the new followers honestly touched my heart. So thank you! And a special shout out to the kindest group of ladies ever..the new DT..very excited to get to know you girls!

And with alllll that said! LOL! Today is the first official challenge! Woohoo! The first wednesday you'll find a scrappy challenge and that challenge is:
A new scrappy project with Easter or Spring in mind and an added challenge is to add a critter or buggy to the page! Pretty simple! =)


Did this sneaky peek entice you? LOL! I used a mix of K&Co paper and some from Basic Grey, as well as BG chipboard. I also was able to add a small journaling tag above the photos, that also helped bring the cream color of the tags into that corner of the page.


If you only could have seen me arranging, rearranging and changing these tags and photos..oh my! But I like how the photos slightly turned and overlapped adds a bit more whimsy to the lined tags. The Easter rabbits and eggs were cut from the Easter 2010 cartridge.


I did some stamping on this page as well. Here on the larger egg, small pink and the "hop's" on the small tag. I had a great time adding small details and pearls. Butterflies and vine punches by the great and powerful Martha! LOL!


Thank you so much for coming by! If you came here first, thanks so much but take some time and visit the rest of my friends as well at Whimsical Wednesday!

p.s. edit because I didn't say anything about my sweet photos. Cody in his first Easter and my daughter and niece together and my sister's poor one eyed dog with the Easter basket around her head! too dang funny! had to get that out...LOL!

23 comments:

Cindy said...

WOW Great project for easter!This is such a fun layout!!! SUPER JOB :)

Staying Crafty said...

Gorgeous color choices, and what super cute photos too :) This is a great layout.

*Star said...

Cute LO! I the colors and the tags are so great. Tfs and have a great day. :)

Cathryn said...

Adorable pictures and your layout is so beautiful! I LOVE all the little details you always put in, gorgeous!! TFS Cathryn67 :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

GREAT layout. Love the photos and the colors you used with those little bunnies! TFS

The Archiving Angel said...

Hello Leah~ what a sweet layout. Love all the details. Really enjoyed the photos & the story behind them at the end of your post. Your choice of critters were fabulous too.
Nice job!
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

Cindy said...

Very cute. I love all the embellishments you added. A lot of times I forget about the little items, but they really look nice.

GabyCreates.com said...

Lovely pictures! I really like how you incorporated stamping, I have been really getting into stamping on my layouts too. And also like how you used tags. TFS DT~Gaby

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!! great LO!! Love all the tags!!

ScrappingStephanie said...

Hello my friend. I knew your LO was going to be fabulous just by looking at the sneak peak. I COULD not wait to see it.I really love the colors you used in this LO. Those bunnies are so cute. Those photos are adorable, and I really like the way you arranged them on the page. I hope you are having a great week..and as always, thank you!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, GF! Love this one! I am so ready to Spring to be here and stick around a while. Love love love your bunnies and the adorable photos .. cute idea using tags like that. Tags are so BIG right now. Be back soon!

Kim H said...

This is adorable! I love the colors, ALL the tags( great idea), how you overlapped pictures & tag, the stamping, and ALL the details! LOVE the colors you used too! NOW the kids.. cuties ~ even the dog too! Poor thing only 1 eye! Great job Leah!

Cheryl said...

OMG I love all the tags you made for this layout! What a super cute idea.

http://nanascreativeplace.blogspot.com

Esther said...

Fun idea for the LO using all those tags!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful!!!!!!! what a great way to use tags! love it

jessica said...

LOVE your layout and the pictures are AWESOME! I really love all the extra elements you added!
jessica

GiGi said...

This is such a cute layout! I love all the details and that cute dog with the bee bag!

Fern said...

Super cute layout, Leah!!! Love how you used the little tags, and the photos are adorable!!!
And I just have to tell you, Leah, you are just the sweetest persons I know!!! Have a wonderful day!!! Hugs!!!

Nanne said...

Ok! so, those tags for one, are awesome.. I love all of the little detail you added to each one.. and check out those adorable kids of yours!! Oh, and I dont' wanna know what that dog is doing to that poor bee...LOL
Hugs, you creative monster you..
Nanné

Scrappy Zeni said...

Very cute layout and I love all the small detail you added to it. the bunnies give it such a springy look! TFS!

CraftyGirl said...

Leah... how have you been girl?! I miss you! It has been forever since I have had time to get out and chat with my friends! Your LO is darling! I love how you made each tag unique and packed full of details! Very cute!

barb :)

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace said...

Adorable LO! Wonderful details!

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Margie said...

Hey, remember me? I've been such a slacker! Love this layout, girl! Dig all the tags and those fabby papers! You have the most adorable subjects to scrapbook. Heck, even that one eyed dog looks pretty darn cute too!