Friday, April 15, 2011

Stuck on U Sketches AND Scrap with V!

Well since today is a double post day for me...I thought it would just make the most sense to post these together! That way...you gotta take a peek at both! LOL!


Family

This is something special for me since this is the only current photo, and maybe one of the only out there of all 5 of us! My siblings! We have another other sister but we don't know her very well as she moved out very young and lives in Florida. My big bro (and only bro) lives in So Cal so we don't see him and the kids as much as we'd like but this past Thanksgiving we were all together and it was wonderful!


Here's a close up...Amy, myself, Jim, Kerri and Katie. Jim had moved out before Katie was even born! LOL! Talk about spreading the kids apart! Luckily it has nothing to do with age and we're all super close!

I did some inking and stamping and layering for the title.



Not sure how this idea came along other then I was looking for a way to add some texture or add something to this leaves. I believe this new stamp was sitting out and that's where it started. So..taking a embossing tool, I rubbed in circles getting the impression of the stamp onto the leaves. I did some slight inking to further bring out the detail. Its a subtle look but a good one and just enough to make the cuts look more interesting.


By now you all know I am terrible about the details but here are a few:
Paper is by Basic Grey (background and die cut). Everything else but the darker green is by DCWV.
Lattice cut is from Wild Card
Of course I don't remember the Family or where the leaves came from! =)
The frame was made on the Gypsy and I added the tags, cut that piece then cut smaller tags to fit into those spaces.
I think thats good...LOL!
And now let's get to the next project....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wedding

This was another sketch challenge for me and as it so happens, was the same sketch as I did last month! LOL! But...you may not even recognize it as the papers are SO different! You can find that other layout here if you are interested in comparing. =)

And this is the first official page to my wedding album I am slowly going to work on to give my husband. I think I've mentioned it before because I scrapped one photo of my honeymoon.


This is a bit of a mix of flowers. I mixed some premade with those that you've got to layer yourself. I really like how this turned out with the touches of green leaves that bring out the green in the photo. And a big ol' thank you to my girlfriend Nanne for sharing these amazing blooms with me! Your a great friend! Love ya!


I wanted to keep the page monochromatic but still thought this white paper needed something. What you can not see is that I did stamp with Frost Versamark a polka dot pattern on the white, barely shows though. Argh! But butterfly I added to give some interest to that large open space. Cut in the same white only stamped and colored with Perfect Pearls.


Last detail photo is showing more stamping with Versamark and Perfect Pearls. Its a beautiful detail and is gorgeous in person! I don't think I've ever created a page like this and it will certainly be something to treasure! =)


Thanks so much for sticking with such a large post! Hope it didn't disappoint! LOL!
Hope you all have the best weekend! Hugs!!!

13 comments:

Leanne W said...

Hi Leah -both these pages are just fabulous, but the wedding one is my favorite. It's gorgeous!!! and shows off the beautiful photo of you two so well. I don't know how you do it. I was lucky to get 1 page done in the last 2 weeks. Also wanted to thank you for all the sweet comments you leave on my blog too -always makes me smile when I read them! big hugs -Leanne

Esther said...

Very nice LO's!!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You are never disappointing my friend... love the wedding picture, it's breath taking. AND also the family picture, you do beautiful work. hugs

Sandi Cl~ said...

Loved seeing both your pages! So much fun to see you photos .. great famiily shot and love the wedding photo .. there's those curls I fell in love with long ago .. heehee! The embossing and stamping make both of these really special. I've never done a wedding album for myself .. I've scrapped more of Maddie's than mine or my girls. Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great pages but I must say I love love love the wedding one! TFS

Cindy said...

Beautiful work on both layouts.The Wedding page is AMAZING!! :)

Stine said...

Love them both, but the wedding LO in particular! Love the monochromatic white, the flowers are beautifully done, and I love your background stampibg. Last, but not least; lovely photo.

Bella and Aidee Mom said...

Hi Friend,
Hope u and your family is well...Missing our emails:( Your wedding page is beautiful...Hugs, Krista

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

What fun layouts! The wedding one steals the show!

Fern said...

Beautiful job on both layouts, Leah!!! Love what you did with the leaves on the first one, and what a priceless photo of you and your siblings!!! And the second one is so romantic in white!!! Love the stamping and the flowers!!!! Love your new blog header of your little ones!!!!! Hugs!!!

Kelly said...

Both of these pages are fabulous Leah. What a beautiful way to showcase special memories!

annette said...

Leah,love your family page for SOUS challenge..super techniques & what a precious photo ... your wedding LO is so pretty & romantic ... luv X:)

Margie said...

Leah, this is STUNNING! Absolutely beautiful! Love it all white with the splash of green and that butterfly is amazing! No disappointment here!