Wednesday, May 18, 2011

21 ~my youngest sister's bday card!


21


Hey all! I have something special to share...man oh man is this a fun one!

I made this special little card for my sister Katie for her...yep, you guessed it, for her 21st birthday. I asked her to keep it up in her room so I could come visit it! LMBO!



Come on...could she be any cooler? Nah! This sweet sister comes from Rock Princess, a cart I wasn't sure I needed but really am diggin' on it after using it! The crossbones and cupcake and font are all from that cart, love that heart font!


The embossing really turned this up a notch! The crossbones embossed with a CB spider web, the 21 with Seeing Spots and the cupcake top with a TH music note. I crimped the cupcake wrapper with a crimping tool.


The entire card is obviously designed on the Gypsy. I welded a base shape and everything else attached...took some doing but turned out great!

Here are a few challenges to combine this with...

Bitten by the Bug 2 ~sunglasses (how cool is she? really!)
Terrific Tuesday ~Once Upon a Princess (background shape..my favorite cart for
shapes, marque like, etc.)
Wacky Wednesday~ anything goes
Penny's Papercrafting ~anything goes
Paper Cupcakes ~embossing
Nerdy Victorious Scrapbookers~ collage inspiration (I just wanted to do a little shout out that I've always wanted to join in here and I am happy that I am able to do so now! Also hope its okay that its a card not a scrappy page...hope so!) But I really liked the collage and feel and colors and for sure was inspired by it! Thanks!
Edited to add..there was no challenge for NVS but apparently I never saw that! LOL!

Thanks for having me!!!! Leah




21 comments:

Bella and Aidee Mom said...

Leah,
Awwww..She is rockin..I get to be the first to post..YIPPEE! Krista

Cindy said...

Hi Leah,Super job with this rockin...card!I love everything about it.As always Beautiful work!Have a nice evening my friend!:)

Scrappy Mel said...

Very, very cute! I love all the texture and the colors you used! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is rockin'! Great details! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2, DT Member Carri :)

Kristy said...

Super cute as always!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Maureen Reiss said...

This is really cute!!!! She'll love it!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Absolutely gorgeous... I didn't know you had a gypsy.. are you loving it?

Esther said...

Super cool 21st birthday card!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh man, Leah! Katie must have flipped out! this is over the top uber COOL! Love, love, LOVE it! xxD

Margie said...

Girly, girly, girly! This is so freakin' cute! Genius design and great colors! Mad embossing too! Let me go see the bazillion other projects you've made, that I've missed. I'm such a slacker!

Crayola58 said...

this is waaaaay coooooool....love the take on our BBTB2 challenge. Thanks for joining in.
Carole

Jeri said...

WOW, completely fabulous card. Love all the elements welded together. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

Flamenco92627/Julieta said...

Leah, that is an amazing card! I love the figure, and the colors. Great job! I have some blog awards for you if you'd like them!

http://4goofballs.blogspot.com/2011/05/overdue-blog-award-thank-yous.html

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, great card, Leah! I could learn a thing or two from you card-wise. You should see my latest offering LOL .. Anyhoo .. love your rock princess. I got that cart mainly for the "people" which I thought I could use like Forever Young. Still need to do that! Take care ..oh and I need to hear the rest of the quarter million story!

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Leah, that card is adorable -- such a little beauty!!!

Dropping by to just say "hi" too!

Lezlye said...

Great Job! I am sure your sister will love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

Eve said...

Hi Leah thanks for dropping over to my blog and thanks so much for wishing my son all the best with his Army career he is loving it so far ...im now following your blog xxxxx

Scossie Jane said...

Way cool Leah, really digging it.... LoL. Your sister will love it - I do.... Hugs xx

shelly said...

awesome and fun card leah! geesh your sister is 21.. my daughter just turned 29!;)

Leah the Orange said...

absolutely sweet little card, Leah! (and great name, my fellow Pile It On guest!) i love all the yummy texture, and the cupcake head in the middle - fab! as for the Envious challenge, stay tuned, because we'll have another soon - we just had some catching up to do. but we're THRILLED you were inspired, and thank you for sharing! come back soon! :D

Heather said...

This is really cute! I love the details. WOW! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.