Sunday, May 15, 2011

Children ~Pile It On Guest Designer May 15~


Children...

Wow, what a weekend! So...here I am for time #3 (sick of me yet?). Hopefully not because today is another Guest Designer spot for May for Pile It On. Each time I am so pleased to be a small part of that wonderful blog!

PIO challenge...boys and girls come out to play!

So in combining challenges and especially with the challenge for PIO, I know I wanted to do something to bring my girlfriend when I met her new baby girl, which I was pleased to have done on friday. She is so beautiful! You'll find below all the challenges, some sadly got deleted in the blogging fiasco and I just couldn't remember them all...argh...but onto the card...


My tall, shaped card was cute using a shape from Once Upon a Princess (my fav cart for such shapes) and the children's die from A Child's Year. I popped twice only the heads on the card but it gives it a cool feel while keeping the bottom of the card flush. Here is also a great shot of the embossing with clear powder and a heart stamp by Papertrey Ink (as is pink and yellow paper).


And lastly my computer generated sentiment, layered with classic scallops by Nesties. And also some sweet butterflies to go with a punch challenge as well!


And those challenges are for....

Pile It On....one for the girls and boys
Simon Says Stamp anything goes
The Crazy Challenge anything goes
Crafty Creations anything goes
Paper Play Time tall card
The Kraft Journal buttons and bows
My Time to Craft scallops (inside sentiment, Nesties)
Paper Take Weekly fancy a punch, use of paper punches
Your Next Stamp pop it up
The Color Throwdown saffron, rose red and aqua
Southern Girls all things girly (well this card is for a new baby girl!!!!)
Paper Play Challenges show us your style (did something bright and happy!!!!)
and there was a challenge for something baby but I can't find it now...ahhh

26 comments:

ScrappingStephanie said...

How funny. I have been sooo busy and am trying to catch up on comments. You were the first blog I started at:) I saw your card and was wowed. Then I read that you entered it into WW. You are so sweet. LOVE that shape you used. Such pretty colors too. The computer generated sentiment is just beautiful. Love how you layered the Nesties. Thanks for playing with us on your off week:)

GiGi said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the shape of it and those buttons on the side are perfect! Thanks for playing this week at WW!

*Vicki* said...

This is really darling!! Love the silhouette children!! Just perfect for the PIO challenge!! :) Congrats on being GDT!!

deesdesigns said...

What a fantastic card - love the shape and the cutouts are perfect! Your card is just perfect for our scallops challenge at My Time To Craft, thanks for joining us this week.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

It's PERFECT Leanne. And I am so jealous you have your "OWN" scrapbook room.. I have a corner of the bedroom.. but at least it's a corner. lol hugs

Cindy said...

Great job with your shape card!It is soo Beautiful,I love the little ones on your card!Thanks for joining us this week at Whimsical Wednesday!! :)

Charlotte said...

Oh how adorable! I really love the shape of your card. The colors are wonderful and those little children are so cute. Glad you decided to join us this week at Whimsicall Wednesday.

Charlotte

sasa said...

That cut out is very sweet...love the pale
green.Thanks very much for joining in with Simon Says Stamp & Show...
Sarah

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

The children cut is sweet.

Thanks for joining in on the Paper Play Time tall card challenge

Krista, design team guest

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is such a sweet card! I love your color combo and the die cuts...so darling. Thanks so much for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!

Maureen Reiss said...

This is awesome!!! I love it!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Well, you did pile it on, GF! What a great card! Great work this whole weekend. Whee!

Kristy said...

You are soooooo good at getting one project into a million challenges!!! I don't know how you do it?!!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

ScrappingStephanie said...

Hey Leah. I was just checking out the Hannah Montana cart...it does have awesome font. However, the font you used on your b-day LO is from the Rock Princess cart. You wrote the Hannah Mantana cart. Just so you know.

Nancy Wethington said...

Love the silhouettes! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun card! Love the silhouette of those children on here!
Thanks for sharing this with us at The Kraft Journal. :)

Sandy said...

Thanx for stopping by and saying hey...you have been one little busy bee...and what cherry things you have created...luv them all...bet your girlfriend luvd the sweet card...new babes...so wonderful...hope things are great for you and yours...only 2 more weeks of school...yay! hugs...sandy

The Archiving Angel said...

Such a lovely card. The silhouettes are so pretty as are the buttons with the thread running through them. Great shape!
Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday.
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

Denise said...

What a sweet card. I love the adorable children on it. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime.

Kim H said...

Leah,
OMG... your girlfriend is going to LOVE this! I love the cut, the layering and that sentiment inside! It is so true! I am in AWE of how many challenges you entered in... you go! So nice to see you play along on your off week too!

Debbie said...

Adorable card Leah!!! Love the cut image against the heart paper!!! How did the shoe shopping go?

Fern said...

Way to go Leah, look at that PIL list!!! Fabulous card!! Love the background and the cute little kids!! Perfect sentiment!! Hugs!!

DonnaMundinger said...

This is soooo stinkin' cute, Leah! Of course I love everything you do, but was especially happy to see all these in person. those 3 kiddles do look just like yours. Sweet, sweet! xxD (My goodness, you're rockin' the challenges!

pink cotton said...

Hello Leah~~~can you please email me pinkcottonballs@yahoo.com PRETTY PLEASE ;)

Staying Crafty said...

This is super sweet :) Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

buy soma online buy soma drug - buy soma online with prescription