Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Forever and Ever ~Papertrey Ink Blog Hop May 25~



Good morning! Good morning! Its been some time since I joined in with the Papertrey Ink blog hop and I am happy to do so again!



May challenge~ flowers



With such an open challenge I thought I would go for something wedding since I am going to one this summer. I also knew I had this beautiful dress image that I've never stamped and really wanted to use it and find a way to accent the beautiful whimsical blooms on it. Stamp is by Hampton Arts (a lot of unmounted stamps I got from Ebay years ago).



And of course, what PTI products...the cream card stock, embossed heart background stamp and text style stamp in dress background and on handmade flowers.




I started the whole process with die cutting the layered pieces. I first stamped and embossed the dress then stamped over that with the heart background stamp in Champagne Versamark.

Then on another piece of red paper, stamped the text style, then stamped and embossed the dress again, cut and popped that over the first.







And lastly my rolled flowers. They are simple but I wanted something that mimicked the blooms in the dress and I thought these perfect! Lastly I stamped with chocolate brown PTI ink over the blooms for one last stamping detail.




Tried to keep this short for everyone...thanks for coming by and I can't wait to try and visit as many of you hoppers as I can!



Hugs, Leah

12 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Leah... I so love to visit your blog. hugs

Lisa said...

This is incredible! Flowers are fantastic and the dress too- fab job on this :)

Cyndie said...

You absolutely nailed the blooms in the dress--nice work!

Marlena M. said...

This is absolutely stunning! ;)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Very pretty!! Lovely dress and colors!!
Hugs, Wendy

Sandi Cl~ said...

What a great card .. sure beats my purple one from the other day! I am going to have to fly out and take stamp and embossing lessons from you, GF! Oh and I LOVE the rolled blooms!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This is a great card! Very pretty and love the flowers!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

I really like the unique shape of your flowers - so beautiful! Also, the detail on the dress is stunning.

Esther said...

Beautiful job on this card!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really lovely card.

Gina said...

oh my gracious, I love this!! The red is fabulous!!!!!! Stunning!

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous! I never think to stamp in white. Oh so elegant! xxD