Sunday, May 8, 2011

Guest Designer for Pile It On, May 8th


An Apple a Day...

I am SO thrilled to have been asked to Guest Design for Pile It On for the month of May! Thank you so much Dalis! For those of you that are not familiar, Pile It On is a challenge blog that centers around combining challenges. They will host a challenge themselves and then it is your job to do the combining. But they help you there as well with an extensive list of challenge blogs. It's the only place I go to have a look around! =)

So this weeks challenge (and come visit me each sunday this month for more challenges and projects) is a funny sentiment! And the sponsor is Heart Song Designs. Now I didn't use there images for this but still picked a sentiment that I personally found amusing! LOL! Perfect for the challenges and great to give to my son's teacher as a thank you at the end of this school year.


My great Cricut cut comes from Country Life. Excuse my beyond awful sewing...I know, it's bad. But I am beyond a beginner! I have a mix of card stock from my stash but the whites are from Basic Grey Basics line. The leaf was stamped (stamp Friendship Jars by Papertrey Ink). And my blooms were a gift from my girlfriend, thanks Nanne!


My sentiment computer generated and only generated after doing some serious kicking around of title ideas with a fellow crafter friend of mine! LOL! That cute caterpillar (yeah not a worm) is from Walk in my Garden. My last detail and the hardest to see is the inking I did with black distress ink. IRL it really helps the edges stand out and brings more attention to the cuts I've done!


And the challenges I'll be entering this in~

Bitten By The Bug 2 (apple core but I used apples from Country Life)

http://heather-bittenbythebug2.blogspot.com/2011/05/apple-core.html


Fantabulous Cricut (using 3 flowers on your project)

http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/2011/05/challenge-me-monday-58.html


A Spoon Full of Sugar (using white and another single color)

http://aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/05/challenge-150-white-one-color.html


My Time to Craft (red and white)

http://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/05/challenge-139-red-white.html


The Paper Variety (inking, misting..etc)

Getting Cricky (something with the theme "sew")


Thanks for coming by and see you soon!!!! Leah
p.s. if anyone was looking for me I so apologize for having posted this late!!!

24 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Adorable card! Love the papers you used! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2, DT Member Carri :)

~Joy-N-Jesus~ said...

Hey Leah. It's been a while! Love this card! So cute! So I just happened to notice you are from the bay area and I can't believe I have not caught this before, but we moved to the bay area in June (almost a year now) crazy how time flys. Anyway I would love to see where exactly you are. Email me if you get a chance. jewelscprice@yahoo.com. Much love!

Maquel said...

So cute! And thanks for telling me about PIO! Can't believe I hadn't heard of them yet! So excited about my new discovery!!! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!!

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

Magento Themes said...

Great collections... I just love those all designs. This apple card is looking beautiful. those flowers are nice. I love this cute caterpillar warm... Its so cute.
Thanks for this great post.

Dana said...

Cute card and sentiment. Thanks for playing at FCCB.
http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Larelyn said...

Such a cute card and I love the sentiment -so clever. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
Hugs,

Cindy said...

You did such a great job with this beautiful card!I love your sweet little apples and Bug!Have a super day! :)

Theresa said...

very cute. thanks for playing along with The Paper Variety.

patriziawithaz said...

A great fun sentiment Leah although I'm not sure what the teacher will think of it lol. I'm pleased to see your super design at MTTCC this week. Hope to see you again soon x

Kate said...

This is such a wonderful card! I love the stitching on the apple. I also really like the way you used different papers for the apples. Great job!
Thanks so much for participating in the Getting Cricky "Sew Fabulous" challenge!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper
Guest designer for Getting Cricky

Kathy said...

Love the card, it's so darn cute. Good Luck!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs,
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great card .. love the stitching .. and love how you met all those challenges!

Esther said...

Cute card, great sentiment!!!

BugBites said...

Great card- love you you added the stitching.

Brenda said...

Hehehe, I love your stitching. It gives the card character
Thanks for playing along on our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky
Hugs
Brenda DTM
Http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

Bug Junkie said...

Super Cute card and sentiment...Love it!! Hope you are doing well!

Amy said...

Adorable card!! I actually LOVE your stitching -- It adds such character (and it's MUCH better than what I'd come up with!!)... TFS!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com and Decorate To Celebrate!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leah it's adorable... hugs

~jan said...

What an adorable card! Thanks for sharign it with us at The Paper Variety!

DonnaMundinger said...

The sentiment made me chuckle (and so did the stitching! LOL) Just kidding, hon, actually it's kinda artsy and I would just tell everyone it's intentional. Of course for someone who can't thread the machine... Ha! Great seeing you yesterday and congrats on the new craft room. I'm expecting more great things. Super card and congrats on the Guest DT spot. And thanks for joining in on BBTB2. xxD

Heather said...

Very cute card! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

K Andrew said...

Hi Leah,
I love every detail--and i love how your sewing isn't perfect--it gives it a pop and character! I love the entire card and that little worm is sooooo cute!

Thank you so much for playing along in my challenge at Getting Cricky!

big cricky hugs,
kristal of getting cricky!

* √úla * said...

This is a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge.
hugs Ula

Kirsten said...

very cute card. love that apple. thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girls. Kirsten