Friday, May 27, 2011

Oh Boy, Oh Joy ~SOUS May 27~


Oh Boy, Oh Joy

Hello my friends! Today I have a special project, a sweet one because let's face it, there is nothing like a new baby. And though we are almost a month exactly away from Cody's second birthday, these days will be memories I'll hold forever.

My thoughts are getting away from me...this one is for Stuck on U Sketches! Remember, you still have a chance to scrap and win our blog candy for the month by using the sketch as well, even if you missed last time. So scrap and win, hopefully! LOL! Thanks again to Ness for graciously sharing with our blog readers.

Not like you can but the photo of Cody and I took me forever to do. Edited in Photoshop to erase the bad background. It didn't turn out perfect but will certainly do and was certainly better then the weird red whatever was behind me. LOL!


This great designer paper comes from Sassafras Lass, Bungle Jungle. I did some more sewing, awful terrible sewing..would someone please come over and teach me to sew a straight line? And a few buttons for good measure! (haha, kinda cute "sewing" related joke!)


And a close up of the embossing on my title. Amazing how far some embossing can go! Oh I just spotted this, and my stamping that I put in the middle of the printed hippo! Great way to add in the date!

Pretty simple, pretty cute! LOL! I just wanted to say that after sitting here really looking at this...yeah, looks nothing like the sketch. But you've be surprised that all the placements of things were inspired by the sketch. I think it may be hard to see but wanted to explain myself. LOL!
Ok, take care folks and I really look forward to seeing what you all do with the sketch and thanks again to all of last week's incredible participants!

11 comments:

Ness said...

oh Leah, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Great Photshop work, such a precious photo. Love your take on the sketch. Love Ness xx

Debbie said...

Sweet layout Leah!!! Love the picture of you and Cody! Don't be so hard on yourself! Never would have picked up on your stitching! Love all of the details!! Have a great weekend!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Leah, those pictures are soooo sweet! Love your page and Ness' sketch is awesome, love her work!

Shona said...

this is just sooo adorable love it to bits...and the embellishments are perfect. Have a great weekend :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

This is a fabulous page, so there! Love the photos .. you're right .. nothing sweeter than a little one. The papers are just perfect for this. Have a fabulous weekend and stay safe!!!

Stine said...

That is such a beautiful photo of you two!! Love it - so perfect, and I love the embossing of the title - you are the embossing queen ;o)

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute LO!!! That paper is adorable!!

Kristy said...

LOVE it! So freakin' cute!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Fern said...

Leah, this is precious!!! And the papers are perfect!! Great job using photoshop on the photo and you don't want straight stitching on your layouts... too boring.... I love it just the way it is!!! I can't believe I posting comments... Not under Google, but instead Name/URL!!! Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Look at our sweet boy! Hard to imagine him ever being this little. LOVE this layout! xxD

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

I love your layout,Leah! I agree with Fern about the stitching. Straight stitching is boring! Yours has character! You do such a good job with cute papers and cute babies!