Friday, June 24, 2011

Daddy's Girls? ~SOUS June 24~


Daddy's Girls?

Reveal day folks! Yay! And we've got a guest designer Shona...and some news about her so go check that out at Stuck on U Sketches!
So okay sometimes we scrap right? Sometimes we rock it out and sometimes we fail (well that's kinda harsh but you know what I mean)...well this time I gotta say I am really happy (which is a great change for the previous project for SOUS, LOL!) Okay I know it sounds stupid cause I'm the one that did it and honestly I am laughing at myself but here we go...what I like so much about this is the pop of color agains't the kraft background. Its amazing sometimes using neutrals with color, love that!


Okay and the photo! This is sooooo perfectly my family! LOL! We surprised my Dad by all wearing mustaches on Fathers Day, around 5 years ago. We grabbed stuff around the house that went with our style stash and there you go! LOL!


Here is a close up of my banner, black twine laid out and adhered with Glossy Accents. Banner itself is a stamp set, Banner Builder, by Papertrey Ink.


The border is popped and after making the twine "bow" I decided to hit it under everything and top it off with an extra large button. Border is a mix of using border punches and also a border strip from the Hopscotch line. All the paper is from Basic Grey, either the Basic or Hopstotch.


And lastly my little journaling spot!


Thanks for the visit friends!

17 comments:

Kim said...

Your right! The page pops off the kraft paper! Very fun photo and I just love the banner, button/twine and all the layering:)
~Kim

Teri Berrios said...

Oh how fun!! Love that picture - it's so cute!! Your take on the sketch is AWESOME Leah. I will give it a try this weekend since I've been on a layout kick lately :) Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, T

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great layout. Love the photo and the detail in this page. TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

LOL.. I am sure your dad got a kick out of that... Super layout (as always).. still wishing you would have another crop... ;-( hugs

Scossie Jane said...

What a fun layout Leah, loving the banners, and they stand out so well against the Kraft. What a treasured photo, too much fun with the moustaches, hee, hee... Hugs x

Debbie said...

Your post cracks me up!!!!! Love the picture of all of you!!! I bet your dad got a kick out of all of you!!! Great layout - just love the banner!!! Have a great weekend!!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

How fun, Leah! I haven't used it in a while, but I love kraft cardstock! Your so right at how it makes the colors pop! Just love it!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Seriously?? With that photo, how could you go wrong?!! It's freaking adorable! Love your use of Kraft with your colors. You know, I don't think I've ever really used Kraft before although I've tried .. and you know me and brown .. love all shades! LOL So thanks for some inspiration and a good laugh too~ Hugs and kisses

BunnyFreak said...

Funny picture.

Nanne said...

I am in love with that photo, how utterly fabulous!! great layout as well and love how different your banner is.. amazing as always.. I gots a little sumthing sumthing for you on my blog, so do stop by.. now....Now.... Now?...now...LOL
hugs
Nanné

Shona said...

that photo is awesome....this is just so much fun this layout ..love it :)

Stine said...

Cute photo LOL! Love the kraft cardstock (I am addicted to kraft...) and the colorful banner. Great layout again my friend :)

Fern said...

Leah, this is freakin' hilarious!!! What a great photo!! And the Kraft paper is perfect to show it off!!!! Love it Leah!! Have a wonderful week!!! Hugs!!

STAMPMOM9 said...

Oh my girly lovr your photo too funny! What a wonderful idea mustaches for father's day! Love it. Your journaling and colors rock. Awesome design of the sketch. I just want you to know i am truely sorry for my absences lately, it has been the craziest year ever. Hugs to you and the babies! Dawn

Margie said...

Hey girl! I am finally, finally getting around to visiting all of my favorite blogs. Life has been mad crazy and it seems like I have no time for anything. LOVE everything about this layout...the kraft, colors, buttons and dig the sentiment tag! Had to laugh at the photo...really cute! Hope all is well with you and those adorable munchkins!

DonnaMundinger said...

Hilarious! I've seen that pic and I love how you've scrapped it. Great against the kraft and I love that banner! xxD

annette said...

LOL !!!! Just love that photo ... what a hoot!!! FANTASTIC ... cheers X:)