Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fathers Day 2011


Fathers Day

Before it got too late and onto the next holiday...I wanted to share the cards I made for the Dad's in my life! The first one is a card I made for my husband, not my Dad- eew! I chose a kiddy bike because the card is from the kids and cause its a bike and my husband is such a biker! LOL! The fun paper line is from Echo Park Playground.


I also used a large polka dot embossed to add some texture.


And for my Daddy. The best owl in the Cricut library IMO in Happily Ever AFter. The hollow log cut with a Nestie circle as well as dark frame. Woodgrain embossing folder by TH. That was then stamped over with a water misted music note stamp by Hero Arts. IRL there is a nice sheen to the page with a water/Perfect Pearls mixture.


Both border punches are new for me and I was happy to use them both here. Computer generated sentiment.


And lastly a handsome watercolor like stamped background. Stamp set is by Hampton Arts, but long ago I must of got rid of the packaging so no name for you. Large flourish frame by Bo Bunny. I did some inking with Distress Inks, about 4 shades of blue and also layers stamped with Versamark.

There are many layers of stamping, maybe if you click on this photo you can see some better. But it really was a nice look IRL. My Father in Law is a big warm weather guy, living in Vegas and liking to vacation in tropical destinations so I thought this would be a nice card for him.


I was crazy short on time and even managed another 2 birthday cards this day. Boy was I papered out by the end of the day...between that and my kids! Yeesh! But I'll share those cards another time.

I also wanted to say that today is the closing day for Generations Crafting. Working with and getting to know the owner and dear friend, Floren, was such a joy for me! She has been generous beyond belief and a wonderful person to be on a DT for. She also generously sponsored SOUS and we all will miss her store! Of course she's not going anywhere, LOL. But I wanted to just thank you again for all she's done for me! Love you girlfriend!

One more piece of news. Vanessa Waller, friend and owner of Scrap with V has sold her store and today starts the new ownership with Jules. I wish Jules the best and hope that I may continue of the DT there, but we'll see! Hope she picks me up again!

Lots of changes happening and hopefully all for the best! Hugs!

2 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful cards, Leah! I especially like the stamped one in shades of blue. It all blends together beautifully. If your FIL ever takes in a baseball game in Las Vegas, he'll probably see our son. He's a pitcher for the Vegas 51's.

Esther said...

Wonderful cards!
Love the sentiment on the first one and the embossing on the second!