Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Oh Boy a Summer Surprize


Oh Boy a Summer Surprise

I come to you on this glorious wednesday to share with you a project for my last day at Whimsical Wednesday. Stephanie had set up short terms for us gals, 3 months and its over in a flash! I have to say how much I enjoyed my time there and the challenges, how happy I am to be on the very first team for the new blog!

So the first wednesday of the month is the scrapping challenge and this month is~ Summer and Stamping! Nice combo!

The sweet photos are the kids holding their new baby brother, 2 summers ago. And that means my baby is almost two...in a few weeks! Wow!


I used a big mix of scrappy stuff on this page. All stamping comes from Papertrey Ink. The Banner Builder set (boy banner along with a button stamp), Friendship Jar, Mini Scrapbook Series: Tabs (bottom border) and Background Basics: Newsprint (background in right jar).

Letter stickers by Basic Grey. Unknown Cricut font (LOL!) MS butterfly punch (butterfly and border) and EK Success border punches.


Handmade roasting stickers and marshmallows (in honor of my daughter who's most favorite thing is marshmallows! LOL!)


This is a good one to show the bottom, all the punches and layering. Stamping that scallop border and laying it out took some time but was really worth it!


Thanks again to Stephanie for having me at WW!!!! And don't forget to play....you can get a new stamp set from My Creative Time! Yay! More details at WW!!!

17 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Leah,As always your layout is BEAUTIFUL!Great job with all the pretty details and colors,And your little one's are soo cute!!Have a super day my friend!!:)

Charlotte said...

Hi Leah,
WOW! This is so pretty. You really went all out on the details. I love the layering of the borders and all the stamping on the bottom of the page. It really gives the page that extra special look. The roasted marshmallows are fabulous!!! What a great idea that was. The photos of your children are adorable. This page is a great way to display those photos. It is all so pretty. It has been great being on the WW DT with you.
Charlotte

The Archiving Angel said...

Hello Leah!
You did a spectacular job. I just love all those jars, the marshmallows, the cute little half circles on the bottom with the stamping. Those cool, summer colors along with the photos really look great.
You really rocked this challenge.
Hugs,
Sonia

GiGi said...

This is adorable! I love the marshmallows on the sticks!

Nanne said...

This is such a cute cute cute layout and I too love your stamping.. I need more practice ..LOL
The marshmallows look good enough to eat and I adore your title.. great use of different fonts..
another winner(wiener..LOL)
hugs
Nanné

Staying Crafty said...

This is amazing! Those marshmallows are beyond cute :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Fabulous page and details, love it all.

Cathryn said...

Beautiful!!! I love the marshmallows the most! Congrats on your little one turning 2!!! Time does fly by! TFS Hugs, Cathryn :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Aw, what a darling page. Cody was so itty-bitty and Jordyn and Scotti younger .. where does the time go? Love that scallop border and those fabulous marshmallows! Can't believe your term is over .. seems like it just stared the other day!

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, adorable layout!!!

*Star said...

Adorable LO! I love the the layers and the stamping is fabulous. Tfs and have a great day. :)

jessica said...

This is such a fun LO! I love that it is alittle bit of everything..life is so like that :)
You did a GREAT job and it was great being on the Whimsical Wednesdays DT with you!

Kim H said...

Leah,
What a great LO! Love all the PTI! Papers, colors and of course the pictures are fabulous! Happy Birthday to your son! Everyone looks so happy to see him! Great job!

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Oh wow! This is such a sweet LO and I love how you used your stamps! The colors and papers are wonderful and they accent those special pictures so nicely! Thanks for the inspiration!
Amber
http://my3escrapbooking.blogspot.com

Sabrina said...

Hi Leah, I just found your layout on the Cricut MB and signed up to follow your blog. I love your work! And this layout is great. The colors and wonderful and I love the combination of your children with the summer theme. TFS!

Brenda said...

awww soooo stinkin cute Leah!!!!
hugs
Brenda

DonnaMundinger said...

Waht gorgeous soft colors! Love all the stamping on this and the pix are precious! xxD