Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Soar ~Scrap with V~


Soar

Good day friends! We are still on vacation but had scheduled this special layout to share with you for Scrap with V today! You can find the sketch there and I hope you can pop by and see what the rest of the DT has come up with as well!

I used Echo Park's Little Boy collection for this. I am madly in love with this company! =)

The wonderful photo (that my husband said was awful but is so not true...) is my eldest son Scotti. Who is in a big time airplane faze so this one was for him! He said "thanks Mom!" LOL!





I used a good number of cartridges on this. The swirl from Wild Card (I think) and the plane and Soar font is from Boys Will Be Boys, the clouds are from Create a Critter. I did some inking on most of this page, using a mix of Tumbled Glass and Broken China distress ink. Buttons are from my stash. And photo editing was with Photoshop Elements 9 (for adding text).

And I think that covers it! I have really been enjoying doing so many boy pages lately...something always so happy about them! And imagine what I'll be coming up with next after this week vacation! LOL!

See you guys soon....sure by the time this posts I'll be craving my computer and scrap room! LOL!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Leah, I just love your layout!! The paper and images are super cute..

Scrappy Hugs,
Amanda:0)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What an adorable layout Leah...

Stine said...

Love this Leah!! Love the swirly frame and the cute plane. Also love how you have included the little piece of paper from him, and I love love love the text on the photo - will have to try that. Just a question. Where is the cute patterned paper from. So adorable with the little planes.
Give the plane-lover a big hug from Norway. Wish you lived here so my hubby could take him flying in "our" plane!

Michele F. said...

Gosh Leah!! You just left me the nicest comment on my blog. (Hiking layout).. so I just had to check out your stuff. Love Love Love your creations!! I just started following you. I see you do lots of Scrappin' challenges or are a DT... I will have to check these out. Thanks for stopping by!

Nanne said...

Super cute layout Leah and I love seeing boy layouts.. I suck at them, but yours are amazing.. and I have to say, I love that Scotti has his own handwriting on there.. cute touch..
Hugs
Nanné

Patrice said...

Great layout!

Sabrina said...

Hi Leah, I love your layout! The paper is fantastic for boys. I jotted down the name so I can look it up. I like how you surrounded your sweet son's picture with the title and paper. It made a nice frame around the picture. I am awarding you the Irresistably Sweet Blog Award! Please come by my blog to pick it up after you return from your vacation. Can't wait to see your layouts from your trip! Crafty hugs, Sabrina
www.scrappinwithsabrina@gmail.com

DonnaMundinger said...

Darling, Leah! Great pic of Scotti and that paper rocks! Love that loopy frame. xxD