Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Vacay 2011


Hello dear friends!

I believe Summer has just started for most of us and I hope its been a good beginning for you all...

We're home now from our week's vacation in Yosemite and now its time to start thinking again about house work but more importantly (hehe) what to start next for scrapping!

Our trip was great but started with car trouble. It added on around 8 hours of extra car rides to get our truck fixed but its done now and didn't damper the trip all too much.

I actually have a handful of cards to share but I'll start today with some of our trip photos...many of which you'll come across again in my layouts I am sure.

But let me start with a BIG......

Happy Birthday Cody!

My little guy just turned 2 and I can't believe it....


The man hanging out watching the kids ride and in front of our camping site....(the one of two in the park that we can actually fit our trailer and car into! LOL!)


One of the views coming into the park.....


This is actually in Wawona. The amazing part is that here in California we boast the world's largest trees and here the Mariposa Grove of giant sequoia's are found only in this number right here. They were amazing to say the least! If you'd like to see more photos here is the link to see them...some photos are from the 1800's so they are pretty cool!



We were quite a hit in the park with this bike! Its called a Madsen and can hold seat belted 4 children or 400 pounds, which means that yes, even I have taken a ride! LOL!


One of the most amazing parts is all the flooding. It increased as the week went on and the day we left the bridge and this path were completely flooded! No way we'd get our bikes through that! But the day we were able to ride through was soooooooooooo cool!



With the snowfall at 300% the waterfalls were incredible, to say the least but there were also many, many other waterfalls randomly around the park...here's one! =)


Great photos of these 2 together are pretty rare but I got a ton of them on the trip! And then pretty much none of the 3 kids together...what can ya do? LOL!


Cody up at Mirror Lake. How on earth children can stand that snow cold temperatures is beyond me! We were all pretty pooped at this point because we had ridden about 8 miles (at least my hubby, myself and Scotti). I came back a couple pounds lighter from all the riding we did!


Thanks for letting me share and I'll be back with Father's Day and birthday cards to share soon...

7 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great photos, girlie! Looks like a fabulous place to be!

Stine said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY CODY - I cannot believe you are 2 - and you look so big - a BEAUTIFUL boy. Peter sends lots of love :)

And WELCOME HOME - I have missed you :)

Looks like a wonderful vacation!!! An amazing place for a family vacation.

I still have 5 weeks to work before my vacation this summer, but then I will have five weeks off. One of the weeks DH and I are even having to ourselves this year as the inlaws will be staying with the kids, so now we just need to figure out which European town to hit :)

Looking forward to seeing new projects from you :)

Love your bicycle - beats my bike trailer any day!!

Flamenco92627/Julieta said...

Happy birthday Cody!! Looks like you had a great trip!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh I can not believe that Cody is 2 years old.. Where did the time go? Love all the awesome pictures you took. Looks like you had an amazing trip... even with the car trouble...
I hope you have another crop someday, I was so sad to have missed the last one. :-( BUT I was so excited to hear that you and Justin went to church... It brought a big smile to my face.. I so hope you guys go back again... Thanks so much for sharing with me my friend... hugs from Ukiah

Fern said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful vacation, Leah!! Beautiful photos of your family and scenery!!! Cody is not the only one growing up...just look at Scotti and Jordyn...
Give little Cody a birthday hug for me!!! Hugs!!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful vacation photos! Yosemite is one of the most scenic places on Earth. Good to have you back.

DonnaMundinger said...

Can't believe how grown up our boy looks! Yikes! It's official that you're having WAY too much fun this summer. FAB pix! xxD