Monday, July 25, 2011

Dry Embossed Cards


Hi

What is going on with our Summer weather here in Northern California? Do you guys know that normally its H O T here? Like around 100 at least! I am inland from the SF Bay and it does get hot...but right now. Cold, windy and overcast. Every morning lately and then slowly the sun comes out and its like a warm Spring day. So much for global warming. LOL! I guess I say all this because I sit here to write and its chilly out and my house is still quiet this early morning, well not too early, luckily. =)

I wanted to share a couple cards I've done recently with you all today. This one just for fun. I've used only scraps to put this together. Nesties, CB embossing (on vellum and bunny), and the flourish die. Scraps are a mix of Basic Grey Oliver and Olivia.




Thinking of You

Its been a few weeks now but they just had a memorial for her at her home. My neighbor passed away from complications from a car accident she was in while traveling visiting family. She was such a kind woman and she will greatly be missed! Its such a small world that one of her daughters is a teacher at our school so I kind of know their family a bit..

Here's a little card I made for her.. Very simple embossing. I embossed the then cut out the inside piece and then embossed lines with my Scor-Pal, giving it a more finished look. I embossed the small bunny inside the card and used Nesties for the window and frame. Only to bring out the inside, I inked the embossed image (and even used more then I had intended). But it made for something nice and sweet.



Thanks for coming by and PLEASE come by on friday to participate in the Summer blog hop...it should be so much fun and really, who doesn't like to check out mini's! And I have my first ever, awful, video to share with you! LOL! See you soon...

5 comments:

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the embossed bunny featured on both cards.

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute cards!!!

The6ofusinca said...

PRECIOUS CARDS! I am so sorry about your friend passing Leah. You are beyond kind to give a beautiful home made card.
I can't wait to see your first video my lovie!
xoxo
Jen

Esther said...

Gosh, that bunny blowing heart bubbles is adorable!
The cards are gorgeous!!!

Sabrina said...

I love your cards Leah, they are just so sweet and adorable! The embossing and the bunny are precious! I am so sorry about your neighbor. And as your Nor Cal neighbor, the weather is a bit on the cool side here too!