Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Birthday ~SWV July 15th~


Happy Birthday

Hello friends! I am here today sharing projects for SWV Scrapbook Kits. My first post with the new owner, Jules. Hello Jules!

This month was also mine to do a sketch and here is the one I created...


And the page I created with it.

I started first with the photo collage of my little guy on his 2nd birthday (just last month). And then for the sketch with that lovely background flourish I knew I wanted to use the number collage die cut from Graphically Speaking.


To have my title pop a bit more, I actually cut four layers (yay, I know!) and laid each showing the edges and topped with Picket Fence Distress Stickles.


As you all know by now. I am big into stamping on my layouts and was able to add some goodies in here. The tag, the number 2 card is actually stamps as well and cut out. I've used a Basic Grey flower, button and chipboard.


I've got to show you this alone...this boy has my heart. I've never met a sweeter or more lively little boy (okay his big bro was pretty close...hehe!)


I had this idea because I really wanted to show more of this number die cut, plus it was some work getting it off the cutting mat and all the pieces removed. So I knew if I put the photos on tabs that I could lift it and have a hidden journal area as well.


Embossed card is CB (too cute!). At the top I used a couple more number 2 stamps and stamped in Versamark under Cody's name (letter stickers are Bo Bunny). Happy Birthday stamp is from Papertrey Ink, cut with Nesties and added a WM sticker. Almost forgot but DP is by Sassafrass Lass, Bungle Jungle. Cardstock varies from my stash.


Wow, you sick of this yet? But there was so much little detail that I really wanted to share it all...
Thanks for coming by today...

8 comments:

Margie said...

Seriously adorable, Leah and that title is awesome with all the layers! WOWZERS!

Esther said...

Wonderful layout!!!
Boy you did a lot of work on this one, fantastic!

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute LO!!! I love when you can put that many pics on one page!!

Stine Ursin said...

Cute layout! Love what you did with the heading!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love your page and the colors too. The title is fabulous!

Everyday Mom Ideas said...

I love this idea! The layout is fantastic. I really appreciate layouts with multiple frames.

Nanne said...

Super cute layout Leah and I love that flip up photo mat.. you can do so much with something that clever..
hugs
nanné

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey there, GF! Just thought I'd drop by .. and looks what I found? A super cute layout with a-dor-a-ble photos AND another L. Schaeffer original! Getting to be quite the sketch artist, huh? Love the flip photos that reveal the journaling underneath ... fabulous idea. Awesome job on the title! Love it all .. hugs! Sandi