Friday, July 8, 2011

Our Family Tree ~SOUS July 8th~


Our Family Tree

It's friday! A short week due to the 4th of July and we're all happier for it! LOL! Today is reveal day at Stuck on U Sketches and we have an original sketch today by Nanne! Yay! And just as a hint, you'll be seeing more from us! =)


Living in Livermore, Ca. We have some really beautiful trails and a lake nearby. This is actually just minutes down the rode from us. A large hill overlooking our valley and then the other side of the hill is a lake. Its just lovely. We hike this hill on occasion and even brought up our little Cody! =) Oh how I miss him being so little!


Paper is the Green Stack by DCWV. Prima flowers and Iamroses leaves. I used a couple punches and some chippies from my stash. All edges distressed to show white core. I kept this simple but thought that was appropriate for the pattern paper and the vibe to the page. Pretty sweet though...love this little family photo! =)


Thanks for coming by and see you over at SOUS...do stop in and take a peek at the rest of the team!

11 comments:

magicwanda said...

Hey Girl friend this turned out GREAT !!!
He was such a cute lttle guy...
I am glad we are going to be doing more of our own sketches yeah!
Hugs Wanda

Shona said...

stunning layout...and what a cutie pie :) love the title and cute embellies.......beautiful :)

Esther said...

Wonderful layout!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I always love to stop by and see your amazing layouts Leah.. and I can't believe how BIG Cody is.. :-( they grow so fast. hugs

Fern said...

Leah, this is darling!!! The title is perfect with your wonderful family photo!!! Something you will treasure for years and years!!!! Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie!!! Hugs!!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, there. GF! I am just tickled to see how you made this paper come to life. I bought it and ended up giving the stack away. Looks like I just needed some of those adorable photos to go with it! Heehee. Love that you got 2 photos on there .. making the sketch your own. Just got back from the party and it was great but I'm pooped. Got one more week before Malerie moves in. She told me today that she's bringing her scrapbboking stuff. Yea! Somebody to scrap with and I don't even have to leave the house!

annette said...

Leah, how great to meet your family ... love the papers & your title ... super LO love it !!! X:)

Stine Ursin said...

Adorable layout, and love the pictures of your family. You all look great :)

Kelly said...

OMG what a FABULOUS layout. Your choice of paper is perfect! Love all the details you put into this.

Nanne said...

those are some amazing photos of you and your family.. makes me wish I had more of mine :(
Great take on the sketch and those papers are too cute!!
hugs
nanné

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

What a sweet layout! The photo is adorable and the pp and little bird are way too cute! Love the bent corners!