Monday, July 11, 2011

True Friends


True Friends

Hey gals, just a quickie for you! Wanted to share this card I made for my best friends birthday. Not birthday themed but not all cards need to be. And I knew this sentiment from a new stamp set was perfect. Plus this was a great way to use up some small scraps left over from a Basic Grey.


This was really fun using things from my stash, things I had at hand. Stamps, punches, twine, flowers and a brad. I used a white gel pen to add some touches to the large friend stamp and the bees. The bee stamp was a single stamp but I cut it apart because I knew I'd get more uses that way! Don't bee afraid to try that with your own! =)


And I'll be back in a couple days with an original sketch and a layout! See you soon...

10 comments:

The6ofusinca said...

Love it! Love you my friend!
xoxo
Jen

Stine Ursin said...

Love the card! I love going through my box of scraps sometimes. One can find little treasures in there.

Esther said...

Very pretty! I love the brad in the flower and your darling dragonfly!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I know she will love it Leah... it's gorgeous. Isn't it fun to be able to use some of our scraps. hugs

Sabrina said...

It's so pretty Leah! Love the layers, colors, and the sentiment is lovely!

Southernbelle said...

This is just beautiful Leah! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and your sweet comment! :)

Flamenco92627/Julieta said...

Leah, that is so beautiful! It's great for a birthday too! How versatile. Great use of scraps too!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Simple, but elegant! I love the colors. They blend beautifully.

The6ofusinca said...

Hi honey! hahha! Your funny about FB! I took the summer off from FB and deactivated my account, I will be back in the fall. For now it feels so good! Just concentrating on family, friends and getting things cleaned and organized. Tod and I are leaving on a fishing trip this Friday so I wanna talk to you when we get back. I miss chatting with you sweetie pie....why didn't I just email all this to you?!?! geeeze!
xoxo
Jen

Kelly said...

Oooooh Leah, this is SO pretty and I agree, not all birthday cards need to be birthday themed. Your friend will treasure this beauty!