Friday, August 26, 2011

Enjoy ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge August 26~

                              
         Enjoy. Enjoy the Simple. Enjoy Each Day.

Today is another new challenge...another die cut challenge for Stuck on U Sketches! Our second one! And what's our 2nd challenge...

"Sky"

Show us something you'd see up in the great blue...I say UP not down so don't be doing ocean stuff. LOL! Show us those birdies, airplanes, clouds, kites, balloon's and spaceships! 

Titles are always tough for me but this one came pretty easily..something in my little boys face just reminded me how simple life can be and how precious it is. And also, importantly reminding me to teach my children these lessons.




My "sky" die cut, the kite comes from Create a Critter.
I knew as soon as this challenge came to mind that I wanted to use this Hero Arts cloud stamp. The background size is awesome and worked perfectly for this. I also wanted to try the "kissing technique" and so in a darker blue kissing with the Hero Arts woodgrain stamp.



The orange background paper is DCWV and the pattern paper is Echo Park Walk in the Park. This large banner sticker from the Playground collection.



And a little close up of this baby face....let's all say it together now....Ahhhhh!



So glad you came by and please do check out the rest of our new Die Cut DT and see their great examples...I look forward to seeing what you do too!

~Leah

9 comments:

Shona said...

what a cutie pie...this is sooo adorable..love that kite!!!

Esther said...

Fun, cheery layout!!!!

Fern said...

Super cute, Leah!!! Love the kite and the clouds and Cody is just precious!!!! Have a great weekend!! Hugs!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Fab job, GF! You rocked this one for sure. Love the pix!! Cute!

Scossie Jane said...

What a gorgeous photo Leah - too cute.... Great layout too. Love the kissing technique, and the clouds - great. The kite is way cool, love the tail and the little bows.... Hugs x

annette said...

I went AHHHH Isn't he cuddly gorgeous..love your LO Leah .. luvx:)

Faith Abigail Designs said...

This is so cute! I love the bright colors and all the elements work so well together. Perfect summer layout.

Rechelle said...

Love, love, love this layout! I love the kite! Nice job!

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Leah I love this layout (and the Subject even made it better, lol!) I Love the cloud stamp and I'm starting to get more into stmaping and I'm not sure on the "kissing" technique, is the woodgrain on the stamp or is similar to masking? Either way I love that "sky"! The rest isn't bad either, lol! (Great papers and colors!) And I'm so sorry I'm commenting so late, I just can't seem to get caught up! So many layouts, so little time, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa