Sunday, August 14, 2011

Life Can Be Tough ~Scrapbook Kits August 15~

 Life Can Be Tough

Hello everyone! Today is the 15th of the month and that means sketch day at Scrapbook Kits! We had a sweet little sketch to work with and
I just exaggerated some of it for this page.

I recently got just under 300 photos printed and thought this
one was so funny. In deciding to use this I went with this neutral color
scheme so that it kept with the colors.

We were driving home from Las Vegas last March and our only
stop was at the Insect Lore factory, in Bakersfield, Ca.
We got to look around and my baby Cody had some moment and dropped
to the floor to cry. The photo turned out to look like he was a bug
on the wall (at least to me! LOL!)


I got good use of my TH Texture Fades. Using 3 different
styles and layering them. I also stamped on the neutral brick
patterned paper. Ladybugs and butterflies are the major thing
this company does by sending out live kits, hence them on the page.


Doodlecharm ladybugs. =)



Walk in my Garden butterfly. I stamped a couple different background
stamps on the butterfly and inked all edges on this layout.
You can also see the stamping on the PP's in Pumice Stone
distress ink. I love how that turned out.


As for papers, I really pulled from my stash. Green and cream prints are
Basic Grey. Black, browns and tans are all from my stash. Cream
brick is DCWV.

Thanks so much for dropping in and please do check out
Scrapbook Kits...remember we have some returning and new
DT members. Check them out!

4 comments:

The6ofusinca said...

ha! Poor Codyman wasn't happy!! Love this layout!
Love ya honey!

xoxo
Jen

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leah, your layout is so adorable.. poor little Cody. hugs

Esther said...

Super cute layout!
Love your embossing!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, GF! What a cutie pie page! WIMG is a fave of mine .. so many great cuts. Love how you've used them to highlight this funny photo of little Cody! And I am loving the new blog look ... look at you, wow! Awesome photo! Anad love your little bees!