Friday, August 12, 2011

Play With Me ~SOUS April 12 Die Cut Challenge~

Play With Me

Today is a big deal for Stuck on U Sketches! Like we told you last week we've added what will hopefully be exciting and inspirational new challenges to our site and doing something different from sketches. Of course we will continue every other week to provide you with sketches but now...we are excited to announce the new Die Cut Challenges! Any die cut, electronic or otherwise that follows our theme or challenge and you are good to go with any paper crafting project. Very exciting!

 So today is our first challenge and as its my month to host...I chose as our first challenge the theme "Play".

Here is what I did...


This double layout features some darling recent photos of the kids and the layout is all about some make-believe games they play. This is much more striking in person then this photographed. But I guess that happens. Right?

Font (all game titles) Cuttin Up, pillows from Everyday Paper Dolls.


Binoculars Everyday Paper Dolls

sorry but I don't recall where those birds are from (Wild Card maybe?)

Another one that I don't recall the cart, sorry! I did cut a few layers and embossed the blue.
                                                 

The large red letters were inked and stamped with Faded Jeans distress ink. A detail apparently not showing up on film. Another detail here is the double border punch using 2 styles. Bike printed paper inked with Bundled Sage distress ink.

Printed paper is Lemonade by Basic Grey, the ledger paper also by BG Basics. The red is Bo Bunny. The blue I only had the one sheet so I cut it in half and taped the back to put these pieces together. It wasn't hard to do but a great way to save paper or work with having only a small or single piece for a double layout.
Thank you all so much for coming by and I really, really look forward to the new challenges and what you all are going to create! See you soon!

9 comments:

Margie said...

Yo yo yo! Whaddup chickadee! I am just as excited and I'm not even on the team! LMBO! Love your fun layout, Leah! That font is so perfect for the layout. I don't think I've ever used that cart! Diggin' the beach ball and the pin wheel too! We play I Spy With My Little Eye all the time! Domenic spies the same thing over and over again! LOL!

Fern said...

Super cute double page layout, Leah!! I love the way you did the die cuts to go with each of the games!! What a wonderful memory this will be for them later on!! Love it!! Hugs!!

Tammy E. said...

How adorable. The pinwheel and beach ball are wonderful!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great layout Leah, BaLeah. Couldn't help myself from "playing" and calling you names heehee~ Hope you have an awesome weekend at the beach!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh I love that pinwheel.. I always love to see your beautiful work.. hugs

**Treefrog** said...

Love the layout Leah and great journaling, that is always the hardest part for me and thinking of a title. I'm hoping the new challenge team helps me on that! Boy this is going to be Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Scossie Jane said...

Wonderful double page Leah, loving all the little titles, and your handwritten journaling - excellent... Hugs x

Esther said...

Fun layout! Love all your details!

annette said...

Leah, this is such a fun LO, love it all... handwritten journalling, papers & embellies .. WOW you girls rock with your Cricut... Luv X:)