Friday, August 19, 2011

Wheely Cool Cody ~SOUS August 19~


Wheely Cool Cody

Happy Friday! I'm not sure what's on your schedule but this is the LAST weekend before school starts! Wow! Did this Summer fly by or what?!? I'm going to have a 1st grader and a kindergartener! What!!! Scotti and Jordyn are just a year and a half apart which means that I've only had ONE child for about that long. So most of my parenthood time has been spent caring for multiple kids and starting in a few days I'll have only ONE at home for awhile! What is Cody going to do for those few hours without his playmates (oh gosh..be afraid, be very afraid!) LOL! And a year later...I'll have a 3 year old ALL day to myself...will I survive?

But before I worry too much about my life coming down around me...let me share another sketch I made for SOUS!  =)  I have another original sketch, by moi! I was thinking Summer theme so this travel idea came into mind...



This great background shape is from Going Places and cut on my Imagine using Hopscotch.



The train tracks are from My Community. I cut those a few times. Layered once and then cut and dry embossed, inked the top slats of the train track. The stickers are from Echo Park For the Record.



This picture is full of details. Starting at the top with more stickers and brads, a left over die cut that I stamped with the number stamp and then highlighted the #2 since I took these photos when Cody turned 2. On the bottom another sticker that was layered with punch paper, popped with twine behind and another brad.



And the highlight of the page for me. The bike (image from Just Because Cards) was cut from a cereal box, layered in 'Paper Layers' from Glitz and then inked. Lastly I covered it in Crackle Accents which when dried curled the edges a bit. Love, love that look! Which wasn't on purpose. LOL!



And last little spot...more layering, stickers, stamping, punched pieces and another great brad!



Ah, enough of me...see you guys soon!!!!

10 comments:

magicwanda said...

Oh Leah ....WOWZERS!
I think this is AWESOME ...I love every little detail the color the cuts and of course the pictures.You did a great job on this sketch and layout , I had a lot of fun with it.
Big Hugs Wanda

Shona said...

this is beautiful Leah, love that bike and all the fun embellishments :)

Kristy said...

VERY cute!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, GF! Thanks for another wonderful sketch .. and see, I could have titled my photos LOL! Awesome job on your page. Love the details. What I always love about your work is that since you are still "in the moment" with your kiddos, your pages are freash and cute as can be hmmm, maybe I will track down some photos this weekend and come up with a cutesy page of my girls. Love the bike ..

I agree .. ??? back to school already??

Debbie said...

What a cute layout Leah!!!! Just love the tracks with the title!!! Great use of the Cricut on this one!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Southernbelle said...

What a fabulous layout Leah!

Nanne said...

aren't surprises wonderful, meaning the crackle paint ruining the bike..LOL Cause that's my fav detail on your layout along with everything else of course..LOL
I luved your sketch and it was so much fun to work with..
hugs
Nanné

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

love the color of this layout! The embellishments you cut out with your Cricut are awesome. I love the layering, and that train track is perfect!

Scossie Jane said...

Thanks for the wonderful sketch this week Leah. I love your take on it, the pink background is wheely cool...LOL. Love the bike, it turned out great, another creative moment by accident - great.... Hugs x

Fern said...

Wow Leah!! So much to see on your fab layout!!! Cody is such a cutie!! Sounds like you two are going to have some wonderful one on one time this year!!! Enjoy it.. they grow up way to fast!!! Hugs!!!