Friday, August 5, 2011

You're My Little Princess ~SOUS August 5~

                                             You're My Little Princess

Okay friends! Today is a big day and there is so much to share! First and foremost Nanne, Sandi and I have decided to add new challenges to SOUS. And what would be more fitting then Die Cut Challenges? Since we all met on the MB, its a perfect fit for us! We are so excited about these changes and the amazing DT line up! Please...run over to SOUS and check out our new friends! And look forward to the new challenges starting on August  12.

I also have a little somethin' somethin' to share...an original sketch for our site. Hope you like! I was actually inspired by a chat with Nanne. She and I talked about liking but not trying much of this style, where the photos and details are all located in one area..so I made a sketch to try that out!



I've got to admit..I'm kinda excited to be sharing this with everyone. Last time I did share an Imagine layout with everyone. And cute it may be, it was pretty basic. Well I guess for me, second time was the charm... =)



I used mostly Best Friends for this layout. The little princess girl and the title piece. Flowers come from and Love You tag is from



I used a mix of printed flowers and mini Prima's and brads from my stash. A mix of plain brads, pearls or fabric. Pearls were added to the punched butterflies and to the crown. Had I known how long it would take to add all those brads and pearls, I may not have done it! LOL!



Here you can see the stamped ledger card where I wrote a second title. The paper covered chipboard butterfly and layered punched butterfly (with heart gems). I also sewed! Again! And again, not so perfect but its something
I am working on because I love the look!


I really hope you enjoyed this project and I am for sure going to try hard to do more with the Imagine! Its pretty cool for layouts!

So pop to SOUS and see who will be joining us for our new Die Cut Challenges and see the great layouts by our sketch team! You won't be sorry!

10 comments:

Shona said...

thanks for the gorgeous sketch to work with...love it! and your LO is just beautiful, what a sweet photo :)

Margie said...

WOW, Leah! You go girl...sewing, Imagine, sketch designs....somebody's been a very busy little mommy! I absolutely adore the layout. I like how you combined the different types of flowers and great use of all the Imagine cuts. All of the colors blend so perfectly together. And of course, your little princess is simply precious!

Esther said...

That's a precious layout!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Leah! How beautiful!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Sooo.... what did you NOT try on this one .. all the way from creating the sketch to your adorablr die cut and Imagine choices and teh sewing and all those itty bitty brads .. yep, busy momma is right! This is another fave for sure! Thanks for such a fun sketch!

Scossie Jane said...

An adorable layout, Leah, and your little one is too cute. Thanks for the great sketch this week.... Hugs x

Maureen Reiss said...

Super sketch Leah!! Awesome LO, soooo cute!!

Debbie said...

Great sketch Leah and a cute layout!!! Love all of the Imaginisce!!

annette said...

Hi there Leah... fantastic LO of your little princess (which indeed she is).... fab sketch & delightful papers & embellishments ... BTW in answer to your question yes I doodled on my LO luv X:)

Fern said...

Hi Leah! Super sweet layout! Great layers and I love the brads!! Your daughter is just precious!! Hugs!!